Solved I have a problem opening links (generated pdf documents) from our government websites i can open them on chromium but not in firefox

I have a problem opening links (generated pdf documents) from our government websites i can open them on chromium but not in firefox
I got only the html code for a web page that says that my session has ended . The same problem i have in other government sites too.

Have you tried it with firefox --safe-mode to temporarily run with all add-ons disabled? If the page/site allows you to download the PDF, you might also try that and using a dedicated PDF viewer to display the document (or just try Firefox again; security settings for file URLs may be less restrictive compared with http/https). The last option would be to examine the browser's console log for any information you might be able to understand (Menu → More Tools → Browser Console). I've had issues in the past with Firefox and PDF files on certain sites as well. In my case, I eventually gave up and switched to Chromium to view the file. However, I love my flaming canid too much to stop using it just because it cannot handle an occasional PDF file since it works great for other PDF files!

Since Firefox 88, pdfjs.enablescripting is true by default (yes, Mozilla is a lost cause). Thus, if there's javascript in the PDF, e.g. form-related pages, Firefox will interpret it for you.

My guess (and I'm not quite sure): there's some 'anti-script policy' somewhere (browser, OS, etc). Open a Firefox tab, and go to the about:config. Search for pdfjs.enablescripting, and toggle it, i.e. true -> false, or vice versa. Check the PDF file, and let's see what will happen.

Since Firefox 88, pdfjs.enablescripting is true by default (yes, Mozilla is a lost cause). Thus, if there's javascript in the PDF, e.g. form-related pages, Firefox will interpret it for you.

My guess (and I'm not quite sure): there's some 'anti-script policy' somewhere (browser, OS, etc). Open a Firefox tab, and go to the about:config. Search for pdfjs.enablescripting, and toggle it, i.e. true -> false, or vice versa. Check the PDF file, and let's see what will happen.
1622406801810.png

You're Good !
that fixed it

• Thanks
Reactions: a6h
Back