ZFS How to set ACLs for mounted GlusterFS folder?

Is this possible? I am recently switching my SAMBA storage from a zpool to a GlusterFS mount. ACLs worked fantastically with zpool, but I can't figure out how to enable it for the mounted GlusterFS.

Code:
     -o      Options are specified with a -o flag followed by a comma
             separated string of options.  In case of conflicting options
             being specified, the rightmost option takes effect.  The
             following options are available:

acls    Enable POSIX.1e Access Control Lists, or ACLs, which can
                     be customized via the setfacl(1) and getfacl(1) commands.
                     This flag is mutually exclusive with nfsv4acls flag.
See mount(8).

The last time i setup Gluster on FreeBSD was in 2018 (Gluster was then at Version 3.11?), and then the combo of GlusterFS+ZFS on FreeBSD was still experimental.

To my understanding, GlusterFS is mounted with
mount_glusterfs hostname:volname /mnt/glusterfs
It uses fusefs underneath and I haven't found anything that can get mount -t glusterfs to work on FreeBSD.
Although a -o acl flag does exist for mount_glusterfs, applying it doesn't seem to allow me to use the setfacl command
mount_glusterfs -o acl hostname:volname /mnt/glusterfs
setfacl -a 0 u:username:full_set:fd:allow /mnt/glusterfs
This results in "setfacl: /mnt/glusterfs: acl_get_file() failed: Operation not supported"

The last time i setup Gluster on FreeBSD was in 2018 (Gluster was then at Version 3.11?), and then the combo of GlusterFS+ZFS on FreeBSD was still experimental.
Would it be possible to set ACLs within the client FreeBSD though? This might be a dumb question, but is there any way to add the GlusterFS mount to a zpool?

It's the reason why i used UFS for the Bricks

EDIT: Btw: Did you use the binary package for Samba, or do you use Ports?

It's the reason why i used UFS for the Bricks

EDIT: Btw: Did you use the binary package for Samba, or do you use Ports?
I used the Ports "samba413-4.13.8_1". Samba was great before I touched GlusterFS. What do you mean to use UFS for the Bricks? For clarity sake, I am suppose to be setting ACL on the client not the GlusterFS servers right? setfacl does work on the server, I hope I am not misunderstanding something here :/

Ah, Ports. Nice. I take it you switched ON the GlusterFS-Support in the Samba-Port-Options?
AFAIK, you have to set the acls on the Server.
I remember trying to export a ZFS-Dataset on my FreeBSD-Server via Samba to some Linux-Clients, and i had to set 2 acls on that ZFS-Dataset (something with "passthrough" or some such. It's been 3 years. Would have to check if i still have the links).
The hassle just wasn't worth to me, so i switched to UFS on the Server (no ZFS anywhere on the Server).

Ah, Ports. Nice. I take it you switched ON the GlusterFS-Support in the Samba-Port-Options?
AFAIK, you have to set the acls on the Server.
I remember trying to export a ZFS-Dataset on my FreeBSD-Server via Samba to some Linux-Clients, and i had to set 2 acls on that ZFS-Dataset (something with "passthrough" or some such. It's been 3 years. Would have to check if i still have the links).
The hassle just wasn't worth to me, so i switched to UFS on the Server (no ZFS anywhere on the Server).
Ok thanks, I'll take a look at Samba GlusterFS support!

Back