How to install GLIBC version 2.29 in the Linux Binary Compat layer?

Activitywatch is a program that is used to track the amount of time that is spent on a computer, they only officially have support for Windows, Linux and MacOS.

I have installed the Linux Binary compatibility layer and installed activitywatch under /compat/ubuntu/opt/activitywatch, when I run it I get this error:
Code:
[3756] Error loading Python lib '/compat/ubuntu/opt/activitywatch/aw-server/libpython3.9.so.1.0': dlopen: /lib64/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.29' not found (required by /compat/ubuntu/opt/activitywatch/aw-server/libpython3.9.so.1.0)

It says GLIBC_2.29 is not found, which is the error that is preventing me from using this program.

UPDATE: I have fetched the tar archive for GLIBC 2.29 and tried to make it, but it fails with this error:
Code:
/usr/bin/ld: /root/glibc-2.29/build/elf/librtld.os: in function `_rtld_main_check':
/root/glibc-2.29/elf/../sysdeps/x86/dl-prop.h:33: undefined reference to `_dl_cet_check'
/usr/bin/ld: /root/glibc-2.29/elf/../sysdeps/x86/dl-prop.h:33: undefined reference to `_dl_cet_check'
/usr/bin/ld: /root/glibc-2.29/elf/../sysdeps/x86/dl-prop.h:33: undefined reference to `_dl_cet_check'
/usr/bin/ld: /root/glibc-2.29/build/elf/librtld.os: in function `_dl_open_check':
/root/glibc-2.29/elf/../sysdeps/x86/dl-prop.h:41: undefined reference to `_dl_cet_open_check'
/usr/bin/ld: /root/glibc-2.29/build/elf/ld.so.new: hidden symbol `_dl_cet_open_check' isn't defined
/usr/bin/ld: final link failed: bad value
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [Makefile:496: /root/glibc-2.29/build/elf/ld.so] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/root/glibc-2.29/elf'
make[1]: *** [Makefile:258: elf/subdir_lib] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/root/glibc-2.29'
make: *** [Makefile:9: all] Error 2

It says GLIBC_2.29 is not found,
Linux compatibility layer is based on RedHat/CentOS. Ubuntu typically has a much newer glibc than RH/CentOS. So I suggest downloading a version for RH/CentOS, or learn how to set up a Ubuntu jail for this (there should be some howtos floating around here).

Here is how to create an Ubuntu jail, basically you need to
Bash:
 debootstrap --arch=amd64 --no-check-gpg bionic /compat/ubuntu

Is this the one you meant? https://activitywatch.net

It's open source, so why don't you try to build it for FreeBSD natively? Create a proper port for it. As far as I can see all its dependencies (Python, NodeJS and Rust) are available.

Yes this is what I meant. I did read a post on their forum that said that it is possible to build it for freebsd, I will try to build it and post updates here. Thanks

Back