How Facebook tracks you on Android

Crivens True but many people also think politicians should change their mind just because they contacted them and forget there are a lot of constituents--tens to hundreds of thousands--with opposing views or there just isn't enough time on the agenda or it's not important enough compared to other issues. For example,

I live across the street from a city park. The speed limit is 40MPH and you I'm sure you know many people don't go anywhere near 40MPH and I often claim they use that area as a launch ramp, gunning their engines to speed up. Worse is there a grade school next to the park and two crosswalks. The street is maintained by the state street department so I called my representative and was put in touch with one of her office people. He told me he comes this way home and doesn't feel there is an issue but did recognize that three connecting streets have a speed limit of 35MPH which, to him, doesn't make sense. However, two years later, nothing has come of this.

My favorite example of contacting representatives is when my son applied for admission to the state police academy. He is homeschooled and doesn't have a high school diploma but he graduated, summa cum laude, from the state university with a degree in Criminal Justice. The admissions department rejected him for not having a high school diploma. I contacted my state representative's office and the lady who answered the phone said she would get back to me. I never think that's a good thing to hear but, 15 minutes later, I'm on conference call with that lady and someone from admissions for the police academy.

Sounding quite flustered, the admissions officer said, "I never though I'd ever be contacted by a state representative about such things!". The state representative asked, "Doesn't a degree from the university trump any high school diploma?" To which the admissions officer agreed and my son was immediately accepted to the academy.

So one may not get directly through to the representative themselves but it's not difficult to get things accomplished through their office, or at least attempts made, even if they don't go your way.

What a creep.

Facebook now requires new users to give up their email password. So the data he collected wasn't enough for him, that he needs to read your personal emails? Then I expect him to release that publicly, as he's done with data before without consent.

At the same time, this creep says he wants to change the Internet.

In the past he wanted phone numbers for sign in, then he uses that information to sell.

Zuckerberg is beginning to sound like a Scientologist or a religious run oppressive government. He belongs in jail sooner or later. What's next, the perverted nerd will verify that facebook users are wearing a gray shirt with a timestamped photo to log in?

If it wasn't bad enough before, who would give up their email password for inconvenience or to let this little creep sift through even more of their privacy to sell to advertisers? This is what people without principle who abuse power do, push the boundary of what they can get away with and the pervert nerd is really pushing it. He's not only pushing it with current and potential users, he's pushing it with lawmakers.

I never used facebook, and I never saw its utility. What's sad is that for webpage ranking, facebook shares is a metric for traffic.

Zuckerberg is just a common loser. Probably mad that he never became cool when he got rich. Once a loser always a loser. Thankfully the FB exodus continues.

Loser doesn't describe his viciousness. Popular or not, that's a bad person that should never be given authority, nor trusted. They say power corrupts, but maybe it just exposes who a person really is.

Maybe his lack of personality has to do with his lack of likability. I wonder if his stupid parents drank too much Heineken during his pregnancy and he had mental development problems. It's not the general public's fault he's like that.

It's not so much power that corrupts people but the lack of accountability. The lack of consequences. Or why do you think false accusations are more than 80% in some places? That's a police number, so officials do know the accusation is false in most of the cases, but there is no actual consequence for the accuser.

This is what people without principle who abuse power do, push the boundary of what they can get away with and the pervert nerd is really pushing it. He's not only pushing it with current and potential users, he's pushing it with lawmakers.

People with power usually want more power.

In one of the Berkeley studies, drivers of high-status cars like Mercedes and BMWs cut off other drivers 30% of the time, compared to only 7% for the lowest-status cars. They also failed to yield to pedestrians almost half the time.

Another study proved powerful people are indeed more likely to take candy from a baby. When given permission to take sweets intended for children down the hall, college students who saw themselves as having high socioeconomic status took about twice as much candy as the poorer participants.
The researchers believe power has a somewhat dehumanizing effect on people, and the powerful are more self-focused and less empathetic.

In fact, MRI studies of the brain indicate that people who feel powerful show far less motor resonance, which allows you to imagine things from the perspective of others, than the relatively powerless.

"It's not so much that (powerful people) think they are better than you as it is that they simply do not think about you at all," Halvorson writes.

I could cite an example of that happening but won't.

While you are on the ether, try to be more like a rootkit and blend in looking like...

I read that there are some with power who used it for good, because they had principle, knew the difference between right and wrong, or were sympathetic. For example Lincoln.

The ones with no principles are the ones who abuse power. They are conformists. When they don't have power, they are restrained, quiet and go with the flock. The more power they get, the more social norms they break. They are quiet as not to alarm people who can check them before they gain power.

It's the ones who seek power, and someone else who had power didn't abuse it, or didn't take it to that level, but messed up and didn't notice the other person was not right. People like Noriega, Kim Sung, and Stalin, they serve someone else or a cause, but they are serving themselves, until they can just do that, then they dispose of that cause or person. Arguably, some who abuse power are worse in nature, but then one becomes as bad as the other.

Perhaps everyone is corrupted by power, but some actively seek it who were always cruel inside, and some are not solid enough to begin with. Others may be susceptible to being corrupted, but they did not follow the characteristics of those consolidating power. The person who messed up and delegated power to someone rotten wasn't seeking it, and they didn't abuse it for selfishness.

“Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power. - Abraham Lincoln
Actually, don't!

I keep warning everyone I know about those specific types of social media and they ask me "what do you use?". I sincerely reply, Reddit, IRC & Forum boards, they laugh in confusion followed by immediate silence. Most people want to be sheep, which gives the illusion to those that lust over power and control that everyone is "OKAY" with being controlled and manipulated. You see, the problem is really not those that crave control but the masses that want to be controlled.

the problem is really not those that crave control but the masses that want to be controlled.
And while those masses will exist, theу will need a shepherd,
and while such need is exist, "friendly" corporations will help those naive animals,
to store and to save information about them, their photos, some erotic content... phone numbers,
gps locations, etc. And of course, they will help to store and to spend their money, meanwhile creating
their ideology and demonic, material cult. While most of people are divine by its nature, but while you're
in the darkness, you'll see nothing, only shiny popular things and other meaningless crap.
Destroy the darkness with the light from your heart.

I keep warning everyone I know about those specific types of social media and they ask me "what do you use?". I sincerely reply, Reddit, IRC & Forum boards, they laugh in confusion followed by immediate silence. Most people want to be sheep, which gives the illusion to those that lust over power and control that everyone is "OKAY" with being controlled and manipulated. You see, the problem is really not those that crave control but the masses that want to be controlled.
ssh reddibox.us ... nice for if you just want to browse (not post). hashbang.sh ... for email and irc (and textual type browsers such as lynx). www1 rather than the advertisement paid for www2 that in return accepts/targets profiling each individual in order that they can better target advertisements (brainwash/mind control). When your phone in your pocket, or facial recognition technology enables a specific advert to be displayed on the electronic billboard you're approaching then www2 is clearly working (for the media). Individuals are reduced to nothing more than numbers and vacuums to be behaviour programmed. Me ... seemingly like you, still prefer www1 for the culture, friendliness and available expertise - without the barrage of advertisments. More Unix philosophy (simple/text/file). Only using www2 when I have to or convienient to do so.

Most people want to be sheep, which gives the illusion to those that lust over power and control that everyone is "OKAY" with being controlled and manipulated. You see, the problem is really not those that crave control but the masses that want to be controlled.

A good Shepard cares about their flock.

I'm trying to be nice and it's hard when you're tempting me like that... ;)

And while those masses will exist, theу will need a shepherd,
and while such need is exist, "friendly" corporations will help those naive animals,
to store and to save information about them, their photos, some erotic content... phone numbers,
gps locations, etc. And of course, they will help to store and to spend their money, meanwhile creating
their ideology and demonic, material cult. While most of people are divine by its nature, but while you're
in the darkness, you'll see nothing, only shiny popular things and other meaningless crap.
Destroy the darkness with the light from your heart.
well said lad, god bless you.

ssh reddibox.us ... nice for if you just want to browse (not post). hashbang.sh ... for email and irc (and textual type browsers such as lynx). www1 rather than the advertisement paid for www2 that in return accepts/targets profiling each individual in order that they can better target advertisements (brainwash/mind control). When your phone in your pocket, or facial recognition technology enables a specific advert to be displayed on the electronic billboard you're approaching then www2 is clearly working (for the media). Individuals are reduced to nothing more than numbers and vacuums to be behaviour programmed. Me ... seemingly like you, still prefer www1 for the culture, friendliness and available expertise - without the barrage of advertisments. More Unix philosophy (simple/text/file). Only using www2 when I have to or convienient to do so.
As you can see, there are a variety of tools to avoid being mined like a metal. But the weak can only see the green grass.

What a creep.

Facebook now requires new users to give up their email password. So the data he collected wasn't enough for him, that he needs to read your personal emails? Then I expect him to release that publicly, as he's done with data before without consent.

At the same time, this creep says he wants to change the Internet.

In the past he wanted phone numbers for sign in, then he uses that information to sell.

Zuckerberg is beginning to sound like a Scientologist or a religious run oppressive government. He belongs in jail sooner or later. What's next, the perverted nerd will verify that facebook users are wearing a gray shirt with a timestamped photo to log in?

If it wasn't bad enough before, who would give up their email password for inconvenience or to let this little creep sift through even more of their privacy to sell to advertisers? This is what people without principle who abuse power do, push the boundary of what they can get away with and the pervert nerd is really pushing it. He's not only pushing it with current and potential users, he's pushing it with lawmakers.

I never used facebook, and I never saw its utility. What's sad is that for webpage ranking, facebook shares is a metric for traffic.

Informatics is like a religion.
The crusades for using Facebook, google, and microsoft products, like old templar preaching the good.

It is better to stay opensource and keep freedom.

Informatics is like a religion.
The crusades for using Facebook, google, and microsoft products, like old templar preaching the good.

It is better to stay opensource and keep freedom.
Google promoted opensource (Summer of Code, contributions to XMPP, Go). It's difficult to tell if their agenda is good, neutral, bad or some combination of those based on their opinion. Still, its not good to trust a company with everything, even one that's not bad, whether they get hacked, or for unforseen consequences.

Facebook has a bad agenda, and Bill Gates of Microsoft had a big ego.

Google promoted opensource (Summer of Code, contributions to XMPP, Go). It's difficult to tell if their agenda is good, neutral, bad or some combination of those based on their opinion. Still, its not good to trust a company with everything, even one that's not bad, whether they get hacked, or for unforseen consequences.
Actually, I can help you there. I'd say Google is by far the most evil corporation I've ever heard of. More evil than tobacco companies, weapons manufacturers or anything.
They aren't in it for the money. Google is in it to force their political views upon the world. That's a real 1984 for you. Their utopia is literally the "Lego Movie". (must watch ;) )
The sad thing is that people still aren't convinced of that because of their marketing department. The "Do no Evil" slogan and other marketing has apparently worked very
well on the masses.
I have one thing for you to view and dissect: "The Selfish Ledger", a leaked internal video. Google's PR department did a lot of work to convince people that it was just a
mind exercise to see if it was feasible. That's why they left it online for all to see. If they had tried to cover it up, they risked this from going mainstream. Now, newspaper
coverage was almost non-existent. Of course, journalists aren't really tech-savvy enough to understand what this actually meant. They'd probably praise it into heaven if
it were actually released as a "product".

Remember the Cambridge Analytica Facebook scandal? There, personal data was used to manipulate people voting for a certain candidate. Imagine what a company with
access to your e-mails (inner thoughts, business contacts, possibly medical history ...) , phone records (texts, calls, even your voice and the way you speak, emotional state...),
gps locations (friends' and families' houses, stores you shop & restaurants you eat, doctor/hospital visits, basically everywhere you go...) could do to manipulate you into
a certain thinking pattern. They have everything they need to do this. Why do you think they're constantly trying to get information from inside people's home by buying
smart device companies etc? Why did they invent Google Now, a service which simply consists of sending everything you and anyone near you say to Google's servers?
The more they know about you, the easier it is for them to manipulate you.

If they were in it for the money, I'd be awed. But they're not, they've proven that in the past and will prove again in the (Orwellian?) future.

I didn't know if Google is evil, but it is something that has to be considered. There is definitely no reason to trust them, as you are right about marketing departments. They will always try to convince you of what they want you to think about them. It couldn't be assumed Google is using it for intentionally bad purposes, but in the end, even if good is intended, there will be a lot of ethical dilemas, where Google is not qualified to make every distinction. As someone said above, they're not God, and people including CEOs have potential to abuse power. Anyone who desires power, especially in this way, can't be trusted. Look at the hold some kept on people in their country, to creating religion based on themselves, watching people, encouraging spying. They use charisma, or convince others they are innocent. Look at Scientology, which is worse than a confession booth, it uses secrets to subjugate and manipulate. It appeared as if the representative from Google was saying, if you do something bad in their opinion, it will be exposed, and as if they were keeping tabs on that. Whatever Google's purpose, there's unacceptable potential for abuse.
Remember the Cambridge Analytica Facebook scandal? There, personal data was used to manipulate people voting for a certain candidate.
That particular incident was about Facebook, but it can be applied to any company for potential of abuse.
Imagine what a company with
access to your e-mails (inner thoughts, business contacts, possibly medical history ...) , phone records (texts, calls, even your voice and the way you speak, emotional state...),
gps locations (friends' and families' houses, stores you shop & restaurants you eat, doctor/hospital visits, basically everywhere you go...) could do to manipulate you into
a certain thinking pattern. They have everything they need to do this.
I've always gotten that. John Henry could only temporarily go up against a machine, and AI will always beat us in board games, and can do that all day long, while we sleep or rest for a big part of the day. Some have beaten AI, but very few, they need sleep, and they can't do it regularly, and they probably can't beat it anymore.

Maybe you stumbled on something. When I can't make definite conclusions on assumptions whether something is true, there's no valid reason for Google or any other company to do that. If they weren't using it for intentionally evil purposes (which is now kind of doubtful), they are going to use it for maintaining elitism or for preserving themselves, while good or not inherently bad people don't get protections from harsh realities or evil actors, which would still be evil.

What does anyone make of Google's promotion of opensource? I don't know what to make of that. Kind of like, get its foot in the door, or software freedom?

Maybe you stumbled on something. When I can't make definite conclusions on assumptions, there's no valid reason for Google or any other company to do that.
You didn't watch the video did you? :-D I put a link inside my original post for the people who don't want to google it (yes, pun intended).

Back