Shell Here's a way to be informed about updates at login

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can help by fixing your sentence.
I have honestly no idea what you want me to fix and where. Could you please elaborate ?

@moderators: it would be nice if someone could update my first post telling that the script posted initially is no longer correct, and that an up-to-date version can be found below (or better, update the script directly in-place). Thank you!

My reply was serious. I still don't understand what you need exactly, but feel free to talk aggressively if it makes you feel better.
There is no need, you're making assumptions (again).

You chose to start the back and forth again after a 3 month pause, I do not understand why you did that and I doubt you do either.

There is no need, you're making assumptions (again).

You chose to start the back and forth again after a 3 month pause, I do not understand why you did that and I doubt you do either.
Quite simple. I came back to post an update to the script I initially posted, and noticed by reading the discussion that you seemed to have grown such an opinion that you felt the necessity to warn other people against talking to me: "Be careful, your helpful input will likely be misread (he thinks everything is a competition)."

I then invited you to settle this curious problem peacefully, to which you replied with sarcasm. That's a pity. If you're surprised that it happened 3 months later, please realize that I have other things to do in life than to visit forums.freebsd.org everyday; yet nonetheless, I still consider productive to propose an explanation to a person who seems to have grown some grief because of me, even if late.

In fact, I've been asking you several questions along this discussion and haven't received a non-elusive response to any. You've been spilling out sarcasm and aggressiveness in ways that talk more about who you are than about the one you're talking to. One could feel worried about your well being. So, what's the reason of such an angriness, is there a good reason for you to display these eloquent communication skills publicly, and can I help you sort that out ?

Feel free to continue this discussion in private, but if you're still feeling the urge to talk to me with aggressiveness and sarcasm publicly, please abstain, for this has little to do with the topic and I don't have the feeling it's helping anyone's case here.

Pierre-Marie Baty , assumptions yet again. And you're an armchair psychologist now, amazing... with such intellect you should have known not to provoke further response.

I have zero interest in interacting with you in private (creepy offer, no thanks). I've un-watched this forum thread, if you would stop provoking response that would be the end of it - it's entirely up to you.

Look sir, I've been patient and kind, but your continuous arrogance needs a few things fixed.
tux2bsd said:
The lightness is psychological more than anything else.
Isn't that armchair psychology AND an assumption ? (and a factually wrong one)
tux2bsd said:
freebsd-update-probe.sh is the right tool for the job.
Isn't that what's called pretention ?
tux2bsd said:
You can incorporate it in your script easily enough, your script would be about one third of what it is now.
In terms of achieving isofunctionality, this is factually wrong and you know it, the pretention is thus demonstrated.
tux2bsd said:
That's all well and good when an emotion isn't used as the measure.
Isn't that what's called "armchair psychology" ? Do you want me to compare with you the computational cost of SSL against rawtext HTML parsing ? That would be ridiculous.
tux2bsd said:
You cried "aggro" and come back with an itemised list attempting to be critical while oozing thinly veiled self-aggrandisement, your bizarre overreaction entirely due to you feeling challenged over your self proclaimed role as script weighmaster. Well done.
And this would not be the quintessence of "armchair psychology", perhaps ?
tux2bsd said:
Be careful, your helpful input will likely be misread (he thinks everything is a competition).
Isn't this an assumption ?
tux2bsd said:
Nearly 3 months have passed. Grow up.
Aren't you assuming something about my age here ?
tux2bsd said:
Enough now, child.
Yet an assumption again ? (doubled by an insult)
tux2bsd said:
Armchair psychology + assumption combo ?
tux2bsd said:
I've un-watched this forum thread, if you would stop provoking response that would be the end of it - it's entirely up to you.
Glad to know it. Farewell.

Rather than locking some thread up which did nothing wrong, I'd rather lock someone up. Maybe for some days to reflect on matters of importance? Any volunteers?

You tried to wiggle your thing in there where he did not want it.

Am I expected to say something here ?

If so, I don't know what to say. To me, this discussion is self-explanatory. I volunteer for a lockout if anything I said or did deserves it.

You tried to wiggle your thing in there where he did not want it.
Sad that you feel the need to be disingenuous. May 10, 2022 should have been my last comment in this thread. If only you would stop provoking response... Because you two don't know how, like so: discuss OP's script, simply get back on topic.

Sad that you feel the need to be disingenuous. May 10, 2022 should have been my last comment in this thread. If only you would stop provoking response... Because you two don't know how, like so: discuss OP's script, simply get back on topic.
Be careful what you call others. They might take offence and, like, report you for it.
I'll do you a favor, I'll make it easy for you not to reply here. But this thread will stay up. It contains interesting things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back