Future of FreeBSD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I came through a very wired topic on YouTube. A guy was saying that the future of BSD os is in danger as we have lesser developers compared to Linux and also the code quality is poor compared to Linux distros. He also stated that when a bug is reported in Linux it is fixed within few days or weeks but BSD has many serious bugs over than a decade. And also due to permissive BSD licence it is loosing it's popularity. Here is the website which has posted an article on this subject.

https://www.csoonline.com/article/3...dying-some-security-researchers-think-so.html

Now my question is if it is real or if becomes true in near future then what will happen to the diehard BSD users or common BSD fans like us? Even what will happen to those company who are using BSD for their business(WhatsApp/Netflix) or mostly to mac os as it has Darwin(based on FreeBSD) in it's core? I know that I/anyone can switch to Linux anytime but end of the day BSD is like home

Many people praise freebsd for being safe. In my opinion, freebsd is just tutorials / wikis not keeping up with Linux, resulting in a shortage of users.

As an entrepreneur, I don't want to miss any good opportunity.
I want the freebsd team to consider joining the ShionKeys project to implement the ShionKeys project / program. I think the freebsd influence is enough to enable ShionKeys to find an investment to achieve production.

If the freebsd team joins in to enable ShionKeys to achieve production, the team will get a 10% stake.That's enough to revitalize freebsd.ShionKeys project is enough to revitalize freebsd.

People all over the world will see this, so I won't cheat at all.

All code for ShionKeys project to be maintained by freebsd. When the patent expires, it means that the ShionKeys project belongs to freebsd.Always follow GPL.

ShionKeys can make freebsd into everyone's life and make freebsd the most popular operating system, because in the future everyone will have ShionKeys.

Don't think ShionKeys is just a concept. Shion Keys isn't just a keyboard.

In my blueprint, ShionKeys will end up being a computer disguised as a keyboard, If the freebsd team joins ShionKeys. maybe the future ShionKeys will be a freebsd disguised as a keyboard.

The innovation of ShionKeys is not just what you see

[...]I want the freebsd team to consider joining the ShionKeys project to implement the ShionKeys project / program.[...]

- FreeBSD do develop operating systems, FreeBSD doesn't develop keyboards
- Forum have minimal influence on what the FreeBSD project does
- FreeBSD tries to avoid GPL as much as possible

Please keep your funny keyboard in one thread and don't scatter it everywhere. Yes, we know, you are poor, oppressed etc. but it doesn't mean you are entitled to spam everywhere and everyone. You are free to develop your idea and all others are free to ignore it.

- FreeBSD do develop operating systems, FreeBSD doesn't develop keyboards
- Forum have minimal influence on what the FreeBSD project does
- FreeBSD tries to avoid GPL as much as possible

Please keep your funny keyboard in one thread and don't scatter it everywhere. Yes, we know, you are poor, oppressed etc. but it doesn't mean you are entitled to spam everywhere and everyone. You are free to develop your idea and all others are free to ignore it.

This is for the freebsd team, and if you're speaking to me on behalf of freebsd, I'm disappointed. I'll stay away from freebsd.
If you don't represent freebsd, why don't you want me to speak at Off-Topic?

I'm pretty sure that freebsd can't compete with popular operating systems,
But if freebsd were installed in ShionKeys by default, freebsd would be the most popular operating system, a household name

In my opinion, freebsd is just tutorials / wikis not keeping up with Linux, resulting in a shortage of users.
Your opinion shows you aren't aware of the history of BSD making your whole post suspect.
I want the freebsd team to consider joining the ShionKeys project
Wrong forum. While the FreeBSD devs do come here, it's not where they hang out. You are preaching to users, not FreeBSD core developers or the FreeBSD Foundation.
If the freebsd team joins in to enable ShionKeys to achieve production, the team will get a 10% stake.
FreeBSD is not a public company interested in such things. The rest of your post is product endorsement, which I don't think is allowed here, but I've forgotten what ShionKeys is.

If you want to make a pitch for your product, you are way off target with this post.

I feel empathy for him. A poor person trying to rise up.
Just doing it in the wrong place.

From a manufacturing standpoint plastic injection molds are very expensive.
No single individual could pull this off including myself with extensive background in the processes.
Do you know what a mold base costs? This saves you some money by using a pre-build mold stack.
You still need to form the part into your mold halves and that is usually an EDM process. Then hand worked to a highly polished finish. Then you have ejector pins and cooling lines...ect ect.. Then sent out for heat treatment and finish ground.

So lets say $50K for each mold minimum. You have keyboard housing, keys, and what about your key switch assemblies....
So many parts to make you probably would need multiple mold bases. Then where are you going to run these molds.
You would have to work out a deal with a local plastic injection mold shop and work a deal. Warning he is going to speak in terms of thosands of parts. Then who is going to assemble your box of parts?

The whole thing is ridiculous for anything other than a large company to handle.

This did make me laugh out loud.
But if freebsd were installed in ShionKeys by default, freebsd would be the most popular operating system, a household name

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back