FreeBSD Screen Shots

Mine is quite simplistic as design point of view, using Mate since it's my old notebook that my mom uses nowadays. ( I know, there is too much info for my mother, but as long as she can see firefox logo and that image for file manager she can use it xD )

I hope you guys like it :3

Attachments

• Screenshot at 2017-12-04 04-26-12.png
    Screenshot at 2017-12-04 04-26-12.png
    621.9 KB · Views: 743
...it's my old notebook that my mom uses nowadays. ( I know, there is too much info for my mother, but as long as she can see firefox logo and that image for file manager she can use it xD )

That was nice of you to set up a FreeBSD box for your Mom. There isn't a lot of work maintaining one IMO, stuff you could probably get by doing on a weekly basis for her as far as updates, and if she just uses it to surf the net, checks her email, etc. she'll be doing it in style. :)

That was nice of you to set up a FreeBSD box for your Mom. There isn't a lot of work maintaining one IMO, stuff you could probably get by doing on a weekly basis for her as far as updates, and if she just uses it to surf the net, checks her email, etc. she'll be doing it in style. :)

Since she used DOS back in her days where she started working making digital docs for her work ( she even remembers a little of Lotus123 ), she isn't afraid of terminal and when she used ubuntu she kept complaining how the ubuntu updater was garbage so I taught her to use the "apt update" and "apt upgrade". So in the end I just said "you update this system like ubuntu but switching "apt" for "pkg"", in the end she updates her system.

She only use cloud storage nowadays, so I didn't even need to setup automount for USB xD

The other day she was on the phone with a friend and her friend was complaining about constant virus on their family computer and she just answer with that: "Oh! I don't know what is that, for like, 7~8 years now, cause I use FreeBSD or some Linux distribution + firewall" (my old family PC, now just my mother's PC still use Linux, but again with Mate DE)
I was so proud that day. :3

ciashot01.png

I upgraded the HDD in this Thinkpad T61 to a 250GB WD Scorpio Black and built all the 3rd party programs with the new version of ports-mgmt/portmaster.

I had planned to upgrade the RAM from 4GB to 8GB but evidently the 61 series is picky about what 4GB PC2-5300 sticks it will and will not run. I tried them on 2 different T61's and my X61 and none of them would boot with it. They should all take 8GB though...

You can get that wallpaper at my site.

I prefer a dark background personally but it's probably no worse than looking at a text file fullscreen.

Gorgeous, well done!

Would you mind telling which WM are you on, and what Music player are you using (Is that possibly ncmpcpp?)?
Hi, Thanks! It's openbox and tint2 bar that you can see, using font awesome icons and musicpc commands to control the mpd backend.
Oh, and yes, that is ncmpcpp in one of the pictures that you can see also.

The Thinkpad X61 running FreeBSD 11.1-RELEASE-p4 that serves as my .mp3 player.
witch.png

witch2.png

My T61 desktop.

Last edited by a moderator:
Minibari, would you please PM me in regard to a question I have about your screenshots? I can't start a conversation with you.

Back