FreeBSD doesn't starting after restart

Demogo1

I have Hyper-V with Freebsd 12 on vitrual machine. I intalled web server (apache, php, mysql) on freebsd.
After hard restarting my hyper-v server (press power button on server) FreeBSD doesn't work, mysql doesn't mount database.
I have more troubles with database files.
But, if i stoping all services before restart, then my FreeBSD worked fine!
What's going on?

yuripv

So it's mysql not starting correctly after unclean shutdown and not FreeBSD? What errors are you seeing exactly?

SirDice

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

With VMWare, VirtualBox and FreeBSD's own bhyve the VM is sent an ACPI power signal, this causes the VM to do a clean shutdown. It sounds like your configuration just kills the VM without a proper shutdown. This can cause all sorts of caches to not be written to disk, corrupting your database files.

OP
D

Demogo1

With VMWare, VirtualBox and FreeBSD's own bhyve the VM is sent an ACPI power signal, this causes the VM to do a clean shutdown. It sounds like your configuration just kills the VM without a proper shutdown. This can cause all sorts of caches to not be written to disk, corrupting your database files.
yes, i guess.
What can i correct it? Maybe rc.conf?

SirDice

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

What can i correct it? Maybe rc.conf?
It's not the FreeBSD side you need to configure. I have zero Hyper-V experience so I cannot tell you how or what.