FreeBSD does not boot after installing on external hdd

I trying install FreeBSD to external HDD from memstick. OS successfully installed, but when I tried to boot absolutely nothing happens. Something like computer tries to find another disk to boot system.

In process of installing I choosed Auto(UFS) partition and MBR partition scheme. Nothing works.

I tried to boot with livecd mod and edit in /etc/fstab da1s1a to da0s1a. I found this solution in Internet, but it didn't help me.

Please help me. Thanks

Just use GPT, there's no reason to stick to the old MBR scheme. And how does the system boot? CSM ("traditional" BIOS boot) or UEFI?

Just use GPT, there's no reason to stick to the old MBR scheme. And how does the system boot? CSM ("traditional" BIOS boot) or UEFI?
It is old HP thin client, there is no UEFI. I don't sure, but maybe on old pc better to choose MBR scheme

Legacy BIOS PCs start perfectly on GPT scheme. You just have to set 'BIOS' at FreeBSD installation time.
Dispose of the MBR scheme as there is no reason to do not so. And so many reasons to choose GPT...

here is no UEFI. I don't sure, but maybe on old pc better to choose MBR scheme
While EFI standard did introduce GPT it doesn't imply UEFI boot. First sector of GPT disk is pMBR - protected MBR - which can have bootcode as you were used to with MBR styled disk. Simplified if your computer can boot of MBR disk it can do so with GPT too. It's up to OS to recognize this layout then and continue booting.

Back