FreeBSD 13 annoyances?

vometia

Another minor irritation about FBSD13 (and again ZFS related) is that the zfs startup script* now seems to mount things in an arbitrary order: it used to be alphabetical which made it easier to find stuff in a df listing as I use quite a lot of datasets. Yes I know I could just use df on the dataset or directory in question but that's why it's "mildly irritating" rather than "actually dysfunctional"!

In the meantime I've just put my ZFS stuff in fstab and I guess that also works well enough as a long-term solution too if it needs to be... even if it is mildly irritating!

* Edit: more correctly the line that says zfs mount -a, so it's not actually the script's fault as I inadvertently implied.

huskers

Installing qtile through pkg starts with a black screen. When tried to compile using ports fails due to conflict between python 7 and python 8

Downloaded the latest code from GitHub, same issue. Fails to install python8 due to conflict with python7. I have installed release 13 a fresh install using pkg. No port compilation except for the above.

astyle

Installing qtile through pkg starts with a black screen. When tried to compile using ports fails due to conflict between python 7 and python 8

Downloaded the latest code from GitHub, same issue. Fails to install python8 due to conflict with python7. I have installed release 13 a fresh install using pkg. No port compilation except for the above.
I have done lang/python37 and lang/python38 side-by-side, no conflicts. I guess the diff is having those things installed first... Semantic difference between prerequisite and a dependency seems to have finally reared its ugly head.

grahamperrin

… qtile …

On compilation, it tries to install cairo python package from 3.8 when 3.7 is already installed.

Which repository do you use for packages? Run:

grep url /etc/pkg/FreeBSD.conf

See <https://www.freshports.org/graphics/py-cairo/>

Following a build using poudriere:

Code:
% pkg rquery -r poudriere '%o %v' qtile py37-cairo py38-cairo
x11-wm/qtile 0.14.2
graphics/py-cairo 1.18.1_1,1
% pkg rquery -r poudriere '%o %v' py37-cairo
%