FreeBSD 13 annoyances?

As you said, "should". There is no means to have 3d acceleration without VMSGA in my case. You can select VBoxSVGA but when you reopen the settings of the VM, it has returned to VMSVGA.
...but but this is exactly what I said:

6) remember that you will have to set VboxSVGA/3D acceleration each time you edit settings (memory settings are fine).

I don't this as a problem because once all is set up I don't need to edit VM clients setting. However if there is a need for editing, I will have to apply VboxSVGA 3D settings again (as I explained in my post above)

After several tries, I eventually managed to get the VBoxSVGA with 3d acceleration.
And always no trace of the bug you mentioned.

good that VboxSVGA works with 3D.

Bug may be related to virtualbox-ose-client (versions?). I can easily switch terminals in linux VM clients and even in OpenBSD in VM (without virtualbox support)

… VMSVGA as graphic adapter.
Running glxgears under 13.0-RELEASE, this increases the FPS from about 800 to 1100. …

Off-topic from FreeBSD 13:
Instead, with VBoxSVGA:

1621912449856.png

My standing annoyance that was since 6.0, never resolved (not even in 13-RELEASE) is upgradeability of KDE... I want to upgrade in-place, but current systems are not very warm to the idea. Frustrating how Frameworks ports are spread all over /usr/ports, and Plasma5 ports are organized the same. Making a meta-port is one thing, but upgrading invites dependency hell if I miss a dependency. I just don't have the time or motivation to hunt down every single one...

I still don't understand what's meant by in-place upgrade.
I think astyle means an easy upgrade that doesn't ask for complicated and overly changed dependencies. An upgrade which relies on simply updating things that are needed, and not breaking things, or asking for complicated sets of deinstalls and reinstalls.

After testing the upgrade to 13-RELEASE I just had two issue:
- nfsv4 and kerberos does not seems to woks (I know there is nfs with tls, but I am using a client with 12.2 and the server with 13.0 to test the upgrade)
- The tools that I use for backup does not seems to work properly when the client is 12.2 and the server is 13.0 (but work with the opposite). The tools is sysutils/zrepl -> It seems that since I use it inside a jail, my zfs inside the jail does not work well with OpenZFS
I used zfs boot environment to test it, and for the moment I will stay on 12.2 at least for my "server"

Back