DSBMD - a media mounting daemon/automounter for FreeBSD

Big thanks also from me, nice tool, I've also tried automount and autofs but in the end I settled for DSBMD/DSBMC. I do have however one question: do I have to do anything special in the conf file in order to show also DVD/CD disks? Now only USB HDD and USB memory sticks are working but if I insert a DVD I do not see it in DSBMC to be able to mount it. However I can mount it manually with # mount -t cd9660 /dev/cd0 /media/cdrom.

Big thanks also from me, nice tool, I've also tried automount and autofs but in the end I settled for DSBMD/DSBMC. I do have however one question: do I have to do anything special in the conf file in order to show also DVD/CD disks? Now only USB HDD and USB memory sticks are working but if I insert a DVD I do not see it in DSBMC to be able to mount it. However I can mount it manually with # mount -t cd9660 /dev/cd0 /media/cdrom.
I think you can see CD/DVD's by editing (adding the path) the /usr/local/etc/dsbmd.conf.

I tried it a few times in the past but it went belly up.
It was at that time I jumped on the syncthing bandwagon. It looks nice and worth trying again.

I think you can see CD/DVD's by editing (adding the path) the /usr/local/etc/dsbmd.conf.

Do you mean something like this in dsbmd.conf?

cd9660_mount_cmd = "mount -t cd9660 /dev/cd0 /media/cdrom "

or

cd9660_mount_cmd = "mount -t cd9660 \"uid=${DSBMD_UID},gid=${DSBMD_GID}\" ${DSBMD_DEVICE} \"${DSBMD_MNTPT}\""

Usually, DSBMD detects and shows CDs/DVDs without additional configuration. However, a user reported that it does work with his regular DVD drive, but doesn't work with his BluRay USB 3.0 drive. I'm working on it. What kind of drive do you use?

Usually, DSBMD detects and shows CDs/DVDs without additional configuration. However, a user reported that it does work with his regular DVD drive, but doesn't work with his BluRay USB 3.0 drive. I'm working on it. What kind of drive do you use?

:( Blu-Ray USB 3.0 drive ... bad luck for me.

mrclksr

I think you should add options in the configuration, so that the DSBMC client does not display partitions / disks that do not want to be visible / the ability to mount them. For example, I have a second disk with linux and three partitions and they show me in the window of the clown, and I do not want the partitions to show up there. And of course, mounting cd / dvd would be recommended to work.

mrclksr

I think you should add options in the configuration, so that the DSBMC client does not display partitions / disks that do not want to be visible / the ability to mount them. For example, I have a second disk with linux and three partitions and they show me in the window of the clown, and I do not want the partitions to show up there. And of course, mounting cd / dvd would be recommended to work.
You can add those partitions to the ignore list in dsbmc (File -> Preferences -> Ignore mount points/devices). It's a simple comma-separated list. Example: "/var/run/user/UID/gvfs", "/home/username/.gvfs", "/usr/home/username/.gvfs", "/dev/nvd0p1"

I tried it a few times in the past but it went belly up.
It was at that time I jumped on the syncthing bandwagon. It looks nice and worth trying again.
I gave it a shot again. It works! Thanks mrclksr for the great job.

Last edited:
No luck for both the gui and cli!
% dsbmc-cli -a
Code:
dsbmc-cli: Mouting of /dev/ada1s1 failed: Mount command failed                 
dsbmc-cli: Mouting of /dev/ugen2.2 failed: Mount command failed                

No luck for both the gui and cli!
% dsbmc-cli -a
Code:
dsbmc-cli: Mouting of /dev/ada1s1 failed: Mount command failed                
Please post the last few lines of /var/log/dsbmd.log:
Code:
% tail -30 /var/log/dsbmd.log

Please post the last few lines of /var/log/dsbmd.log:
Code:
% tail -30 /var/log/dsbmd.log
Code:
# tail -30 /var/log/dsbmd.log                                           
dsbmd: dsbmd exited on Fri Jun  7 09:29:33 2019                                 
dsbmd: dsbmd started on Sat Jun  8 08:51:14 2019                                
dsbmd: ioctl(/dev/cd0, CDRIOCREADSPEED): Device not configured on Sat Jun  8 08:
51:14 2019                                                                      
dsbmd: getfs(): fread(): Invalid argument                                       
dsbmd: getfs(): Invalid argument                                                
dsbmd: ioctl(/dev/cd1, CDRIOCREADSPEED): Device not configured on Sat Jun  8 09:03:24 2019
dsbmd: Client with UID 1001 connected on Sat Jun  8 09:06:49 2019              
dsbmd: Command /usr/local/bin/simple-mtpfs ${DSBMD_DEVICE} "${DSBMD_MNTPT}" executed by UID 1001 failed with code 256: No error: 0 on Sat Jun  8 09:07:49 2019 
dsbmd: Command /usr/local/bin/simple-mtpfs ${DSBMD_DEVICE} "${DSBMD_MNTPT}" executed by UID 1001 failed with code 256: No error: 0 on Sat Jun  8 09:07:55 2019 
dsbmd: Command /usr/local/bin/simple-mtpfs ${DSBMD_DEVICE} "${DSBMD_MNTPT}" executed by UID 1001 failed with code 256: No error: 0 on Sat Jun  8 09:08:34 2019 
dsbmd: Client with UID 1001 disconnected on Sat Jun  8 09:08:48 2019           
dsbmd: Client with UID 1001 connected on Sat Jun  8 09:09:25 2019              
dsbmd: Command /usr/local/bin/simple-mtpfs ${DSBMD_DEVICE} "${DSBMD_MNTPT}" executed by UID 1001 failed with code 256: No error: 0 on Sat Jun  8 09:09:33 2019 
dsbmd: Client with UID 1001 disconnected on Sat Jun  8 09:09:39 2019           
dsbmd: Client with UID 1001 connected on Sat Jun  8 09:21:01 2019              
dsbmd: Device /dev/ada1 mounted on /media/ada1 by UID 1001 on Sat Jun  8 09:21:01 2019
dsbmd: Command /sbin/mount_fusefs auto "${DSBMD_MNTPT}" fuse-ext2 -o 'rw+' ${DSBMD_DEVICE} "${DSBMD_MNTPT}" executed by UID 1001 failed with code 256: No error: 0 on Sat Jun  8 09:21:02 2019
dsbmd: Command /usr/local/bin/simple-mtpfs ${DSBMD_DEVICE} "${DSBMD_MNTPT}" executed by UID 1001 failed with code 256: No error: 0 on Sat Jun  8 09:21:04 2019 
dsbmd: Command /usr/local/bin/simple-mtpfs ${DSBMD_DEVICE} "${DSBMD_MNTPT}" executed by UID 1001 failed with code 256: No error: 0 on Sat Jun  8 09:21:22 2019 
dsbmd: Command /usr/local/bin/simple-mtpfs ${DSBMD_DEVICE} "${DSBMD_MNTPT}" executed by UID 1001 failed with code 256: No error: 0 on Sat Jun  8 09:21:25 2019 
dsbmd: Client with UID 1001 disconnected on Sat Jun  8 09:21:55 2019           
dsbmd: Client with UID 1001 connected on Sat Jun  8 09:22:00 2019        
dsbmd: Command /usr/local/bin/simple-mtpfs ${DSBMD_DEVICE} "${DSBMD_MNTPT}" executed by UID 1001 failed with code 256: No error: 0 on Sat Jun  8 09:21:25 2019 
dsbmd: Client with UID 1001 disconnected on Sat Jun  8 09:21:55 2019           
dsbmd: Client with UID 1001 connected on Sat Jun  8 09:22:00 2019              
dsbmd: Command /sbin/mount_fusefs auto "${DSBMD_MNTPT}" fuse-ext2 -o 'rw+' ${DSBMD_DEVICE} "${DSBMD_MNTPT}" executed by UID 1001 failed with code 256: No error:  0 on Sat Jun  8 09:22:57 2019 dsbmd: Command /usr/local/bin/simple-mtpfs ${DSBMD_DEVICE} "${DSBMD_MNTPT}" executed by UID 1001 failed with code 256: No error: 0 on Sat Jun  8 09:23:09 2019
dsbmd: Command /sbin/mount_fusefs auto "${DSBMD_MNTPT}" fuse-ext2 -o 'rw+' ${DSBMD_DEVICE} "${DSBMD_MNTPT}" executed by UID 1001 failed with code 256: No error: 0 on Sat Jun  8 09:23:14 2019
dsbmd: Command /usr/local/bin/simple-mtpfs ${DSBMD_DEVICE} "${DSBMD_MNTPT}" executed by UID 1001 failed with code 256: No error: 0 on Sat Jun  8 10:38:45 2019

Lamia: Is your user member of the operator group? If not:
Code:
# pw groupmod operator -m yourusername
and try again.

Is there no other way to it? I won't want to add the user to operator, more like sudo, just to access pendrives.
This is only necessary for filesystems that are mounted using a FUSE daemon. But I can think of a way to change that in a future release.

Back