Continuous Reboot, unable to reach gnome login screen

Removing and (re)installing software isn't going to do much.

Xorg configuration appears to be in order. Your video card is properly detected and initialized.

What's in your ~/.xinitrc?

Create a new user account and try with that new, clean, account. I'm betting something in your profile got screwed up.

Create a new user account and try with that new, clean, account. I'm betting something in your profile got screwed up.
Hi

adding new user using adduser command gives output:
Code:
pw: user 'guest' disappeared during update
adduser: ERROR: there was error adding user (guest).

That's not going to do anything as SirDice pointed out. The error is saying it can't start gdm because there is no gdm entry in /etc/rc.conf. Reinstalling is not going to resolve that as it's a manual effort.

That's not going to do anything as SirDice pointed out. The error is saying it can't start gdm because there is no gdm entry in /etc/rc.conf. Reinstalling is not going to resolve that as it's a manual effort.

wrong .. in /usr/local/etc/rc.d shoul be gdm script to start gdm. it should be installed with gnome/gdm packages .. so why is missing ?

The call to launch that from /etc/rc.conf because OP commented it out or removed it. Installing software on FreeBSD does not configure anything, that's manual and what I was referring to.

Back