configuring wifi and network drivers for 13.0 on a macbook

I recently installed FreeBSD 13.0 BETA2 on a macbook pro of 2015. I faced an issue in the installation process, where I couldnt configure the IPV4 because there were no configurations for this interface.

I have been following the handbook but it seems that I do not completely understand it, for example (according to this) , I understand that I need the dc driver, and the way to load it is to paste the if_dc_load="YES" on my /boot/loader.conf .

Apparently I did that but it still cannot connect to the internet.

Is there a de facto way to configure Intel-based(I am guessing?) NICs?

Also, I saw that , does it mean that there is no support for the drivers for my macbook? (macbook pro 2015 early)

If possible you may connect though ethernet port and do whatever update. You may skip that step during installation.

Alexander88207 I really dont know, I am googling stuff around the macbook model but I cant, Its a macbook pro early 2015, I am guessing it has an intel network card, there is no option for ethernet, so thats why I think it doesnt have any drivers for the wifi antenna

Alexander88207 I really dont know, I am googling stuff around the macbook model but I cant, Its a macbook pro early 2015, I am guessing it has an intel network card, there is no option for ethernet, so thats why I think it doesnt have any drivers for the wifi antenna
Alright, looks like we need to start from zero, no problem.

First i need to see if your card got attached to any driver : sysctl net.wlan.devices lists you wifi and ethernet cards where an driver have been attached.

If this list is empty then we need to figure out how your cards is called so we can try to load the right driver for that. Use : pciconf -lv and try to find devices that have the class = network

Example:

Code:
ral0@pci0:2:0:0:    class=0x028000 card=0x53921814 chip=0x53921814 rev=0x00 hdr=0x00
    vendor     = 'Ralink corp.'
    device     = 'RT5392 PCIe Wireless Network Adapter'
    class      = network

BTW: The dc driver that you have mentioned in the first post, is a driver for Ethernet.

I use FreeBSD daily on a 2015 MacBookAir, but the inbuilt Broadcom wifi chip is not supported. I very much doubt the Pro from that year would be supported either. To work around the issue I use a USB->Ethernet adapter or an Edimax Nano USB dongle (although this is painfully slow ~800KB/sec).

Also, I saw that , does it mean that there is no support for the drivers for my macbook? (macbook pro 2015 early)
Unfortunately any 2015 era MBP wifi cards aren't yet supported by FreeBSD. Use an USB wifi dongle or a Thunderbolt to Ethernet adaptater for a wired network.

Unfortunately any 2015 era MBP wifi cards aren't yet supported by FreeBSD. Use an USB wifi dongle or a Thunderbolt to Ethernet adaptater for a wired network.
Thanks for your response, do you have in mind any particular USB WIFI dongles that are available for freeBSD?

A list or something would work, since unfortunately there is no support for BCM34602?

Thanks for your response, do you have in mind any particular USB WIFI dongles that are available for freeBSD?

A list or something would work, since unfortunately there is no support for BCM34602?
I'm using a TP-Link TLWN725N which is working great

Back