:) it was from a cancelled run. Cancelled before build began.
I was complaining that building whole web browser takes lots of time, then you replied with that cancelled poudriere. What was that gonna prove? Is there any faster way for local web browser build or no?

I already knew all that. Still you need long hours to rebuild browser even if everything around is ready. I thought you may know how to speed up browser build. Clearly package flavors would come handy here :)

Are there any workarounds available for FreeBSD 13.1 without rebuilding Chromium? Bought a webcam but unable to select it's mic as the input device.

I'll just leave it here. Chromium works if launching with environment variables explicitly setting which sndio device to use for input and output. In my case I do this in my verison of /usr/local/bin/chrome:

Code:
export AUDIODEVICE="rsnd/0"
export AUDIORECDEVICE="rsnd/2"
mixer -f /dev/mixer2 mic 50

rsnd/0 is the built-in sound card for output, rsnd/2 is the Logitech webcam connected via USB. Mixer setting below sets a reasonable mic level. Now I have Zoom, Teams and Google Meet in FreeBSD. Nice.

Code:
uaudio0 on uhub0
uaudio0: <vendor 0x046d product 0x0824, class 239/2, rev 2.00/0.10, addr 1> on usbus0
uaudio0: No playback.
uaudio0: Record[0]: 48000 Hz, 1 ch, 16-bit S-LE PCM format, 2x8ms buffer.
uaudio0: Record[0]: 32000 Hz, 1 ch, 16-bit S-LE PCM format, 2x8ms buffer.
uaudio0: Record[0]: 24000 Hz, 1 ch, 16-bit S-LE PCM format, 2x8ms buffer.
uaudio0: Record[0]: 16000 Hz, 1 ch, 16-bit S-LE PCM format, 2x8ms buffer.
uaudio0: No MIDI sequencer.
pcm3: <USB audio> on uaudio0
uaudio0: No HID volume keys found.

You can test dsp's with
Code:
cat /dev/random > /dev/dspX
with X a number

Furthermore, if you leave out the DSP device enumeration (so just cat /dev/random > /dev/dsp without the number) you can test for audio output on the default device (as reported by cat /dev/sndstat).

From experience I would also strongly recommend reducing the volume of any speakers connected before doing such a test :D

Back