[Bluetooth-audio] How to connect and use Bluetooth headphones on FreeBSD

I am using oss for firefox and I enabled sndio
I followed the instructions but ran these
  1. hccontrol -n ubt0hci create_onnection BT_ADDR
  2. virtual_oss -C 2 -c 2 -r 48000 -b 16 -s 768 -R /dev/null -P /dev/bluetooth/BT_ADDR -d dsp
My Bluetooth speaker works, when i quit the virtual_oss and disconnect bluetooth, The sound does not work for my pc speaker any more. How can i reroute the sound to system default ?
mixer -a
pcm0:mixer: <Sigmatel CXD9872RD/K (Analog)> on hdaa0 (play/rec) (default)
vol = 1.00:1.00 pbk
pcm = 1.00:1.00 pbk
speaker = 1.00:1.00 pbk
mic = 0.00:0.00 rec
rec = 1.00:1.00 pbk
monitor = 1.00:1.00 rec src
pcm1:mixer: <Sigmatel CXD9872RD/K (Left Analog Headphones)> on hdaa0 (play)
vol = 1.00:1.00 pbk
pcm = 1.00:1.00 pbk
Thank you so much

I am using oss for firefox and I enabled sndio
I followed the instructions but ran these
  1. hccontrol -n ubt0hci create_onnection BT_ADDR
  2. virtual_oss -C 2 -c 2 -r 48000 -b 16 -s 768 -R /dev/null -P /dev/bluetooth/BT_ADDR -d dsp
My Bluetooth speaker works, when i quit the virtual_oss and disconnect bluetooth, The sound does not work for my pc speaker any more. How can i reroute the sound to system default ?

Thank you so much
Does it work for some application or you don't have sound at all? Usually you need to restart / reload the application. For example Audacious (audio player) needs just Stop + Play to use different sound device. Some applications need full restart and in some cases you need to restart sndio or Pulseaudio if it is in use.

Does it work for some application or you don't have sound at all? Usually you need to restart / reload the application. For example Audacious (audio player) needs just Stop + Play to use different sound device. Some applications need full restart and in some cases you need to restart sndio or Pulseaudio if it is in use.
I do not have sound at all. I restart all the apps. I did not install pulseaudio, I restart sndio. Mpv showed error message error opening /dev/dsp no sound
Thanks

I'm doing it by setting
Code:
sysctl hw.snd.basename_clone=1
after disabling bluetooth and hcsecs daemons. Here is my Bluetooth script: https://github.com/thindil/blues/blob/trunk/blues.sh#L86
It works by using sysctl hw.snd.basename_clone=1
Thank you so much.
I am new to FreeBSD. Tried it few years ago on old laptop Sony sz330p.
Just installed 14.0 release last week. I am switching all my workflow to FreeBSD from void Linux.

It is almost perfect. The system default is minimal and light on the resource.
It revives old PC. I could use most of same apps and tools from Linux.

Just missing docker support. Just lacking some WiFi and new hardware support like new video card.
As a complete OS, FreeBSD is consistent and more organized. Linux is a mess.

It works by using sysctl hw.snd.basename_clone=1
Thank you so much.
I'm just going to ask you if setting up `sysctl hw.snd.basename_clone=1` would help. I'm glad it works for you! :)
Bluetooth sound on FreeBSD is still not user friendly. But once you get it working, you don't have to touch it for years.
I have BT speaker as my main sound device for a desktop with a small shell script running as root on boot to automatically connect to it and do all the required work. I just power up BT speaker, boot FreeBSD with KDE and the sound is on.

I'm just going to ask you if setting up `sysctl hw.snd.basename_clone=1` would help. I'm glad it works for you! :)
Bluetooth sound on FreeBSD is still not user friendly. But once you get it working, you don't have to touch it for years.
I have BT speaker as my main sound device for a desktop with a small shell script running as root on boot to automatically connect to it and do all the required work. I just power up BT speaker, boot FreeBSD with KDE and the sound is on.
Thank you so much for your help. Yeah, everything with bsd is organized and consistent, You setup one time and last for decades. :)

Back