bhyve management poll

What bhyve management framework do you currently use?

• Total voters
Hi everyone,

For those who use bhyve, do you use a "management framework" for bhyve too?

For example, iohyve, chyves, by hand/none, something else?

Bob

Using chyves on a workstation at work to run a CentOS 7 guest. I tried a few but found the instructions for chyves resulted in a working system while the others did not - though I fully suspect that the others didn't work because of my own dimwittedness ;)

This is very interesting to me what tools are here. cbsd seems incredible but this seems a one man project no ?

none is confusing, if I use simple shell scripts, is it none or something else?
I've voted by choosing none...

This is very interesting to me what tools are here. cbsd seems incredible but this seems a one man project no ?

By all appearances and judging by the commits. This is also true for ezjail and qjail project. But the CBSD developer still is quite active. He is also one of developers of the new bhyve-related project: ClonOS

I'd much rather have a project with one person that knows what he's doing than a whole team of people with average skills ;)

I use none, but that is only because most guides go with raw bhyve. I would prefer if the community standardized around a single system.

I would prefer if the community standardized around a single system.
Nah, I think it's good there are several different implementations. Not everybody wants the same features or expects/needs the same things. So by having multiple you actually have a choice to pick the one that best fits your needs.

Back