Ansible semaphore

I wanted to try out net-mgmt/semaphore from ports, so I spun up a VM and installed from binary pkg. After running semaphore -setup I can start the service, but if I open the URL I just get a 404 Not found. I get the feeling that something is missing from the installation, but I haven't found it yet.

Is anyone using semaphore?

What mean "from ports"?

Latest version is 2.8.21.

Semaphore CLI changed a lot in v 2.7.XX.

In 2.8.XX you should use following command to setup:

semaphore setup

I already pinged the port maintainer, but haven't heard back. Since the port hasn't been keeping up with upstream I wanted to know if someone was using it. I get the feeling it's unmaintained and unusable in it's current state

Sorry, I Ansible Semaphore maintainer, I'm not familiar with FreeBSD, I just googled this topic. Is it possible to change port maintainer?

Is it possible to change port maintainer?
If the current maintainer agrees, yes, not a problem. But then the question becomes, who's going to take over maintainership?

But regardless if there's a maintainer or not, anyone can submit patches to update a port. Most maintainers will appreciate that. If the port does have a maintainer then the maintainer has to approve the patch. There is typically a two week maintainer time-out, if it's a relatively minor change then ports management can apply the patch without maintainer approval.

I would start by submitting a PR (https://bugs.freebsd.org) asking the maintainer to update the port to the latest version.

Back