15.1 : wine does not detect cups installed printer

Hi all, installed FBSD 15.1 few days ago, also successfully installed Wine package and solved initial issues of 32 bit windows software compatibility (by adding mesa-dri, mono, gecko packages), now every Windows software of my choice starts and runs as expected, but no system printer found. I have installed an MFP Samsung C460FW in Cups with network sharing setting ON, it works/prints well. Found a hint on the web saying that if a printer is configured in Cups with network sharing feature then will automatically be detected from any Wine application . Also seen if there were something to set in winecfg panel, but no printer tag present. Ask if some of you already faced this.
Thank you
 
thank you! Kindly, need to understand how to do, means If I have to start from zero removing wine modules (I did some work to make it up and running) or other better way to proceed. Eventually what pkg to remove?
 
ok, made all by myself but hasn't solved my need since all works as before (no cups printer detected from Wine apps).
Heres what I did:
- cancelled .wine directory.
- pkg remove wine
- downloaded ports collection tree in /usr/ports by git command
- in /user/ports/emulators/wine : sudo make config
- activated wine options to handle CUPS, then : sudo make install clean
- 2,5 hrs of command lines scrolling in the terminal window with many options to confirm for other involved packages.
- my Windows 32 bit apps work as before; not printer detected.

My knowledge ends here unfortunately, also read all Wine instructions I could unterstand from the FreeBSD handbook, it seems to me not indicating different steps.
I agree Wine could not be so much interesting for many of you (we are dealing with a different system after all) but since Wine is given as perfectly integrated in FreeBSD and with printing feature as well, I'd like to learn from someone who faced same matter how/if has solved it, maybe one or more steps I've listed weren't correct.
Thank you much.
 
Back
Top