Update packages?

Please have a look at the forum rules, which clearly do state:

Before posting to any forum, please learn about how to best use the forums, such as how to help avoid frequently-repeated discussions, by reading their contents. Searching the forum is a quick way to see if someone has had your issue and if it has been answered. Forums can be searched within the Search page of this forum.

Your question falls into that category. RTFM.

pkg update

Did you read the Handboook? It's quite clear.
Nah, just the modern type of "I'm too lazy to use Google and instead ask right away don't caring about the impression I will make because my lazy approach always works fine for me..." internet user.

I have installed Freebsd 13.0 1 month ago. Running pkg update doesn't give me any updates. It is normal? I thought I was doing something wrong.

I have installed Freebsd 13.0 1 month ago. Running pkg update doesn't give me any updates. It is normal?
Maybe. First: As others said pkg update doesn't perform an update - it just updates your local database of available packages; Updates will be installed by executing pkg upgrade afterwards.

By default the packages you receive are built quarterly. Means: four times in a year. So if you already got the latest quarterly branch there might be none update for the next three months. On the quarterly branch a package will only get an update if there's a reason for - and not just because a newer version exists.

https://docs.freebsd.org/en/books/handbook/ports/ -> chapter 4.4.2

Back