How to configure VirtualBox WebService?

Is there anybody who can tell me how I can configure the VirtualBox Webservice to work with RemoteBox?

The vBox manual only explains more or less how to do it on Linux by setting parameters to the /etc/default/virtualbox. But that file does not exist in FreeBSD.

And I suppose I have to set vboxwebsrv_enable="YES" in rc.conf

But that is all I know

So I would it appreciate it very much if somebody could tell me exactly how to do this?

Ok, Thanks a lot.

But in what directory must this file be put? In /etc/defaults or in /usr/local/bin where the also the vBox binary is?

And vboxwebsrv_enable="YES" in rc.conf is the right way to start the webservice?

It's a config file instaled by user who is not part of base so I think /usr/local/etc/defaults it's the right place. I could be wrong. :)

It's a config file instaled by use who is not part of base so I think /usr/local/etc/defaults it's the right place. I could be wrong. :)

/usr/local/etc/defaults does not exist. So I will try /etc/defaults That is the only directory with "defaults" that exists.

You could create that directory, personally don't like to mess so much with FreeBSD base config so I place config files in /usr/local/etc or ~/. but you could try /etc/defaults. Good luck!

You could create that directory, personally don't like to mess so much with FreeBSD base config so I place config files in /usr/local/etc or ~/. but you could try /etc/defaults. Good luck!
I will try /etc/defaults first. If that works I will try /usr/local/etc/defaults

Back