chat server useing openldap authentication

Hi,
I want to setting up a chat server on my server. I found xampp jabber can do this for me and pidgin for Jabber Clients. My problem is the jabber should use openldap authentication.

I searched but I don't find any tutorial about configuration of openlap.

Thanks all,

It really depends on the server how you need to configure LDAP authentication (or if it's possible at all).

Hi,
I want to setting up a chat server on my server. I found xampp jabber can do this for me and pidgin for Jabber Clients. My problem is the jabber should use openldap authentication.

I searched but I don't find any tutorial about configuration of openlap.

Thanks all,

Really? Not a single guide for OpenLDAP configuration? Here is a very good one

http://www.zytrax.com/books/ldap/

Let me know, when you finish studying that book, if you have any questions.

Not a single guide for OpenLDAP configuration?
I think the OP is looking how to configure his Jabber server for LDAP. Not how to configure OpenLDAP itself. At least that's what I understood. With non-English people trying to speak English you sometimes have to read a lot between the lines ;)

I'm so sorry, I don't understand what you mean. I'm not expert.
Neither am I. In order to know how to configure it we first need to know what it is. So, please tell us exactly what the name of the Jabber server is. Without knowing what you have we cannot tell you how to configure it.

With non-English people trying to speak English you sometimes have to read a lot between the lines ;)
I am not a native speaker but I have spent the most of my adult life in U.S. If I didn't know that you are very nice guy I could take above sentence really wrong way by putting on the glasses of the native U.S. English speaker:).

please tell us exactly what the name of the Jabber server is.

I explain more details about what should I have.

The OS of my server is FreeBSD11. I should have mail server, chat server, ... on it. I searched and noticed from http://blog.ijun.org/2011/12/install-xmpp-jabber-chat-message-server.html that XMPP Jabber is a chat message server on FreeBSD. My problem is that, the authentication should use openldap but I don't know how. Beside for mail server I found iRedMail, for installing iRedMail the system should be fresh and iRedMail will install and configure them automatically. So I don't know what should I do this.

Sorry about my bad english:oops:

Thanks again:)

Back