It's all about jokes, funny pics...

Now that's a very family friendly clinic.

vNmx1OA

Code:
<erno> hm. I've lost a machine.. literally _lost_. it responds to ping, it works completely, I just can't figure out where in my apartment it is.

While I was studding "System Analysis and blablabla-whaterer"
I decided to search for some diagram cheatsheats and came up with this
0019_en_analysis-paralysis.png

A grade school teacher was asking his pupils what their parents did for a living.
"Tim, you be first. What does your mother do all day?"
Tim stood up and proudly said, "She's a doctor."
"That's wonderful. How about you, Amy?"
Amy shyly stood up, scuffed her feet and said, "My father is a mailman."
"Thank you, Amy" said the teacher. "What does your parent do, Billy?"
Billy proudly stood up and announced, "My daddy plays piano in a wh*rehouse."

The teacher was aghast and went to Billy's house and rang the bell. Billy's father answered the door. The teacher explained what his son had said and demanded an explanation. Billy's dad said, "I'm actually a system programmer specializing in TCP/IP communication protocol on UNIX systems. How can I explain a thing like that to a seven-year-old?"

Ha, that is actually a Mark Twain joke about atheism in America, or was it Harry Truman about being a politician?

I really wouldn't know about that !:e
I sort of bumped into it, found it kind of funny and thought why not post it.
Mark TWAIN certainly wrote about a lot of things some I would not post in here( highly offensive);)

Actually in this joke Billy's father not playing piano, it was something like "F**** with packets", in same place of course xD This gives better picture of internet

I wouldn't know what is offensive about Mark Twain, really .. great humorist.

He used the word "niggers" or "negros" to describe Afroamericans in his writings. Here you can read some of his quotes on the subject, and it's pretty clear that he has no racial prejudice. But it seems to me that those were the main terms back in the day, and weren't used as insults in general rule.

I'm no expert on semantics or how those words came to be, when they become insults and all of it. Just trying to say that Mark Twain didn't use them as insults.

The Tom Sawyer novels are filled with "nigger"/"negro", but everyone used to talk like that back then. I've seen worse.

Overall, he was great, I agree.

That whole Mark Twain "nigger controversy" is the biggest pile of nonsense I've ever seen. What an unnecessary and ill-informed attack on a great writer, punishing a legacy over contemporary parlance.

@DutchDaemon

oh, but the dude was also a notorious antisemite!:p
Despite that it's true he was genius writer.
But so were voltaire, céline also great writer and the list goes on and on.
We got to admit we live in all together different century, things that were ok back then are nowadays "politically incorrect".

Who cares? Literature (every cultural expression for that matter) should be judged in its time and place. For the record: I've heard plenty of African-Americans state that they think replacing 'nigger/negro' with 'slave' makes it even worse .. PC do-gooders ..

Bill Gates meets Hugh Grant at a Hollywood party. They are talking and Bill says, "I've seen some great pictures of Devine Brown lately, sure would like to get together with her!"

Hugh replies, "Well Bill, you know ever since our incident, her price has skyrocketed, she's charging a small fortune."

Bill replies with a chuckle, "Hugh, money's no object to me. What's her number?"

So, Hugh gives Bill her number and Bill sets up a date.

They meet and after they finish, Bill is lying there in ecstasy, mumbling, "God... now I know why you chose the name Devine."

To which she replies, "Thank you Bill.....and now I know how you chose the name Microsoft!"

Back