ZFS vs HAMMER

Status
Not open for further replies.
It should be in the 5.0 RELEASE which I've read is supposed to be released sometime next week. I for one am very interested in trying the live dedup feature.

Oko said
NetBSD guys don't work on anything.
More FUD and detachment from reality.

Three recent projects completed by NetBSD:
1) Lua in the kernel
2) blacklistd
3) npf

Oko said
ZFS is 128-bit file system and it should not be used on 32-bit machine/OS.
I'm sure SUN Microsystems would have been interested in knowing this since they shipped ZFS on Solaris for 32-bit machines. Perhaps if you'd have worked for them, then your expert technical advice could have saved the company.

Oko said
we all should refrain from posting bad advises.
Curiously you say this; then make bizarre statements about ZFS which have no basis in truth, and you have spread FUD about NetBSD for years.

Curiously you say this; then make bizarre statements about ZFS which have no basis in truth, and you have spread FUD about NetBSD for years.

For what it's worth, NetBSD greybeards constantly bash Theo and OpenBSD. They'll go out of their way to bring them up just to put them down (drawing on very weak tangents leaving the reader to go, huh? nobody was talking about Theo or OpenBSD).

So if a person partial to OpenBSD wants to return the flavor, great! what's good for the goose is also good for the gander.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back