Solved Xterm vs others

All my terminals under Xorg seem to have a usable scrollbar if set or possible, save the xterm for which the scrollbar is visible but the mouse cannot move it upwards to actually use it. Anyone else with this minor problem?

All my terminals under Xorg seem to have a usable scrollbar if set or possible, save the xterm for which the scrollbar is visible but the mouse cannot move it upwards to actually use it. Anyone else with this minor problem?
If you use middle mouse button, that should be able to drag/move it. Aka X11 style.

Otherwise I think you can left click and right click on it to move it up / down. But to drag it, you need to use middle mouse.

If you use middle mouse button, that should be able to drag/move it. Aka X11 style.

Otherwise I think you can left click and right click on it to move it up / down. But to drag it, you need to use middle mouse.
With a two-button mouse you could try to simulate the middle-button. It may depend on your (mouse)driver and the options it offers.

synaptics(4):
Middle button emulation
Since most synaptics touchpad models don't have a button that corresponds to the middle button on a mouse, the driver can emulate middle mouse button events. If you press both the left and right mouse buttons at almost the same time (no more than EmulateMidButtonTime milliseconds apart) the driver generates a middle mouse button event.
This way I can drag my xterm scrollbar, with both left & right buttons pressed and scrolling with another finger vertically over my touch pad (I do not have a middle button).

My touchpad also has a vertical scrolling area on the right side; that also controls scrolling in an xterm with scrollbar. Attached to my laptop, the scroll-wheel of a USB mouse also controls vertical scrolling anywhere in the xterm window.

Last edited:
Back