Other XRDP with CDE

Hi,

I have good old CDE running on FreeBSD 14.0. Everything seems to be working as expected locally.

I am trying to use XRDP to access the machine remotely from Windows. I got XRDP installed and working, but only with TWM or JWM as I don't know how to edit /usr/local/etc/xrdp/startwm.sh to work with CDE. Any help to get XRDP working with CDE is appreciated, thank you.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, fair comment, I should work with a copy of startwm.sh in my home directory. However, my question was what should go after the exec command to start CDE, because I tried to enter the command I use to start dtlogin, but it does not seem to work (I can only start other window managers).

Here is a link to the instructions I was trying to follow: https://www.jeremymorgan.com/tutorials/freebsd/how-to-remote-desktop-in-freebsd/?darkschemeovr=1

I guess the file can contain a more complex script to start CDE, but I haven’t been able to figure one out with trial and error. Thanks

If you look at cde's pkg message via pkg info --pkg-message cde they want you to run % ln -s /usr/local/dt/bin/Xsession ~/.Xsession

Symlink that to ~/startwm.sh and make sure to follow the pkg message for other services.

Back