Solved WWW/PALEMOON port deleted

Some of us still rely on Palemoon (gecko) more than the webkit-based or webengine-based browsers. I would think that if the security bugs are fixed at the same scale as the current version of Firefox, Palemoon should still be in the ports.

I'm not a fan of others. Falkon was earlier Quizzilla or so. Waterfox, qutebrowser and so on don't match Palemoon. I could only get Chromium as an alternative.

Would it ressurect anytime soon?

I hate to see it go. It's the only browser I had left that was worth anything. I'm having difficulty updating www/firefox and www/firefox-esr with ports and haven't felt like looking too hard to see how to resolve it. Guess I will pretty soon.

ILUXA made a zip file so we could build Palemoon before it hit the ports tree and is how I first installed it.

Of course, building Firefox and its variants/derivatives is now a nightmare. If it is not a battle between webkit and webengine, it will be something else.

All XUL-based browsers are gone - SeaMonkey, Palemoon, etc. Qupzilla is no exception. We're seeing the end of XUL with all its superb extensions.

Long live Palemoon!

I do miss XPCOM and XUL.

Wow. I wrote that 18 years ago.

IMO www/palemoon was better before they switched to their "Goanna" engine,
but even now it's pretty good alternative to all popular browsers. BTW, I had some problems
with recent versions of PM on FreeBSD, with some media content, it was playing slowed :-/
Also I'm missing original palemoon logo and icons in FreeBSD www/palemoon port :)
v19Klo6.png

Thank GOD, there is still Thunderbird, Komodo and a few other XUL/XPCOM based apps.

Why would they go their own way with the Goanna UI kit? There should still be an effort to use the core - Gecko, Necko, etc somewhere. I checked WaterFox back then but not on par.

Back