will freebsd15 have default desktop?

Is it NomadBSD? …

It's a reasonable assumption:

1723074387342.png

The base system did change to FreeBSD 14.1-RELEASE-p2 last month.

… Have you upgraded all the software to the latest version (releng) or is it the quarterly stable version? …

Colloquially, latest describes the main branch of the ports collection.

1723075032633.pngreleng relates to base (FreeBSD, the operating system), never to the ports collection. Release engineering.

stable usually relates to base, not to the ports collection.

Attachments

• 1723075166301.png
    1723075166301.png
    37.4 KB · Views: 25
No. I am using Fbsd 14.0 and from a iso file on a DVD. If you can, install Debían from a dvd.
What confused me is that, at comment #108, Op's stated wanted function from a OS are
1,WiFi
2,Bluetooth
3,take smartphone as a usb device to transfer files.
4,get voice from HDMI line.
5,wine
6,a debian application market.

Especially 6 confused me. It should be Debian's specific functionality, not of FreeBSD nor any non-Debian-based Linux distros.

FreeBSD is not at all Debian. And FreeBSD don't have any functionality to install and run Debian applications using Debian's genuine application market, out of the box.
So I come to think Op is using Debian/kFreeBSD, not sure it's still developed or not. But it is the only possibiity 6. is possible.
If not, looking for same (or alike) apps from FreeBSD ports/pkg is far more constructive.

What confused me is that, at comment #108, Op's stated wanted function from a OS are
1,WiFi
2,Bluetooth
5,wine

Especially 6 confused me. It should be Debian's specific functionality, not of FreeBSD nor any non-Debian-based Linux distros.

FreeBSD is not at all Debian. And FreeBSD don't have any functionality to install and run Debian applications using Debian's genuine application market, out of the box.
So I come to think Op is using Debian/kFreeBSD, not sure it's still developed or not. But it is the only possibiity 6. is possible.
If not, looking for same (or alike) apps from FreeBSD ports/pkg is far more constructive.
Occam's Razor: OP is simply confused + tall language barrier.

Actually I agree. I have not tried 4. And 5 is for Unix in general. FreeBSD install is not the Debian one. Sorry.

Worth noting Debian/kFreeBSD doesn't just use linux packages, it uses specific debian packages build to work under freebsd kernel, isn't a drop-in kernel replacement.

Worth noting Debian/kFreeBSD doesn't just use linux packages, it uses specific debian packages build to work under freebsd kernel, isn't a drop-in kernel replacement.
Yes. But if it is still under active development, its packages would be built as Debian/GnuLinux, thus OP can use them if OP is using Debian/FreeBSD, not genuine FreeBSD. This was my thought.

1,WiFi
ghostbsd ok
NomadBSD ok

2,Bluetooth
ghostbsd failed
NomadBSD failed
(may my Bluetooth driver is not so good. because it not be stable with Linux neither)

ghostbsd with gmtp ok
NomadBSD ok
(but they are not stable)

ghostbsd failed
NomadBSD failed

5,wine
ghostbsd ok
NomadBSD ok, but not so stable.

when the wine of freebsd is good enough, i don't need the 6th function.

( www.spark-app.store it is used for some special Chinese application with wine of Linux. )
mmexport1723384945913.png

Attachments

• mmexport1723384945913.png
    mmexport1723384945913.png
    343.3 KB · Views: 19
when the wine of freebsd is good enough, i don't need the 6th function.
What the.. doesn't even make sense. What do you want?
You want a specific application that is only available on windows that isn't available anywhere else. Debian application market doesn't apply there either in this case.

Is it NomadBSD? Have you managed to synchronize the derivative with FreeBSD repositories-sources and dependencies? Have you upgraded all the software to the latest version (releng) or is it the quarterly stable version? Are you testing it on real hardware?
How man are you the police? I can say the sources are not. Try to install Firefox from source in a 2010 lenovo and good luck.

How man are you the police? I can say the sources are not. Try to install Firefox from source in a 2010 lenovo and good luck.
Oh, i have T61 with middleton bios and 8gb ram - one day i will try this :D .... i dont recall which laptop i used. tp x1y g1 or p71 (xeon and 332gb ram) or x220 but it took 24 at least to build firefox. :D

Back