Why is FreeBSD not (more) like an automobile?

Speaking of a convenient feature, BMW has a feature most BMW drivers don't seem to know exist. An indicator!
On a BMW, its called an indicator but... its simply defective. It is a weird digital mechanism with no tactile feedback that you just "tap". It is honestly hard to know what it is doing because there is no physical movement to know it is in place. This combined with the incredibly quiet clicking notifier no wonder so many BMW drivers find it so hard (that combined with the natural attraction of the brand to obnoxious rich teenagers!)

Most annoying vehicle I have owned. Plus I just want to rip out that "Connected Drive" nonsense.

I spent close to 10 years in that industry. One day I was told that BMW had licensed patents from Creative, for force feedback steering wheels and vibrating elements in the driver seat, because the active suspension removed all road feedback but the driver needed warnings when Mr. Physics would pay a visit soon with a lecture about grip and how steel would bend.

Lol, what's this about putting BMW on blast while completely ignoring other brands that rich entitled and obnoxious ppl drive? Like Mercedes-Benz, Land Rover, Tesla, Audi and Porsche?

And what happened to RTFM? If you want your car to behave to your specs, just RTFM... gotta RTFM for FreeBSD, why not for BMW?

😂

Lol, what's this about putting BMW on blast while completely ignoring other brands that rich entitled and obnoxious ppl drive? Like Mercedes-Benz, Land Rover, Tesla, Audi and Porsche?

And what happened to RTFM? If you want your car to behave to your specs, just RTFM... gotta RTFM for FreeBSD, why not for BMW?

😂
What? auto have manuals? other than the 200 pages of liability warnings? must be a european thing.

What? auto have manuals? other than the 200 pages of liability warnings? must be a european thing.
Yeah, this looks like someone who'll be lost in a 2022 X2 with XDrive... the manuals actually explain what XDrive even means, and how to turn on high/low beams, regulate temperature for both driver and passenger, control how much screen space maps take up, whether the dash panel shows EU or US units for stuff like speed, gas mileage, outside temperature, amount of gas in tank, and and the like... Just like FreeBSD, a lot of the settings are actually DIY, and to get it right, you gotta RTFM. Without RTFM-ing, you're just gonna complain that BMW is uncomfortable - just like Windows users don't RTFM and then complain that FreeBSD is too hard... :p

Did you know that 2022 Ford Escape has a knob that you have to turn - just to get the damn thing in reverse? At least BMW is not that dense.

:p

Did you know that 2022 Ford Escape has a knob that you have to turn - just to get the damn thing in reverse? At least BMW is not that dense.
I've pretty much decided that as my current stable of vehicles die, they will be replaced with older and older vehicles having classic/antique plates. My first 4WD model Bronco2 is actually old enough to get classic plates now!...and if something unavailable breaks I can reproduce it on a CNC machine or 3D printer. So sick of this 21st century green-progress.

I've pretty much decided that as my current stable of vehicles die, they will be replaced with older and older vehicles having classic/antique plates. My first 4WD model Bronco2 is actually old enough to get classic plates now!...and if something unavailable breaks I can reproduce it on a CNC machine or 3D printer. So sick of this 21st century green-progress.
3d printer is the very "21st century green-progress" thing that you're so sick of... ;)

How about every time FreeBSD comes to an idle... it shuts off.
I heard this repeatedly from a new F-150 at traffic lights yesterday.
Every single time the light turned green.. the starter engaged and the engine restarted.

Back