Who uses DragonFly BSD?

Hi,

there's a thread about Hammer currently, which got me wondering. Who if anyone is using DragonFly and for what? I've been aware of it since I started using FreeBSD, but always considered it to be effectively still in development, bearing in mind its main goals of clustering and clustered file system.
Anyway, interested to hear any stories on the subject...

cheers Andy.

OK, who's talking about me :e

AndyUKG, please PM me and I'll give you my honest opinion. If I post it here it might offend some people.

AndyUKG said:
Hi,

there's a thread about Hammer currently, which got me wondering. Who if anyone is using DragonFLY and for what? I've been aware of it since I started using FreeBSD, but always considered it to be effectively still in development, bearing in mind its main goals of clustering and clustered file system.
Anyway, interested to hear any stories on the subject...

cheers Andy.

AndyUKG, I use DragonFLY for my home internal server and it runs NTP,Postfix,PostgreSQL, and Apache/PHP. I also use pfSense for my firewall, FreeNAS for my storage server, and AskoziaPBX for my home phone system. I also use PCBSD on my laptop and FreeBSD on my workstation.

To answer your question based on my experience, DragonFLY should be ready for production use in a business environment.

Btw, anyone can eplain me about fresh installed DragonFlyBSD: how to get pkgsrc repository and configure/compile/install some 'port' from it? Have read the pkgsrc docs, but understood nothing from them; pkg_radd works well, But I miss some basics about pkgsrc..
tnx

Alt said:
Btw, anyone can eplain me about fresh installed DFBSD: how to get pkgsrc repository and configure/compile/install some 'port' from it? Have read the pkgsrc docs, but understood nothing from them((( pkg_radd works well, but i miss some basics about pkgsrc..
tnx

just a guess but I would assume to check the man pages and look at netbsd's guide as well while keeping in mind any alterations if any dflybsd has made to heir from their own docs on pkgsrc.

http://www.netbsd.org/docs/pkgsrc/index.html

Back