Solved Which version between 12.2 and 13.0 would it be better for me to use as a desktop?

I'm intenting to install on my SSD the FreeBSD Operating System with the KDE5 environment for daily use. I would like to know which version would you recommend me to install between 12.2 and or 13?

Those are two different major versions. There's nothing "in between". You either stick to the 12 major and go with 12.3, or go with 13 major and use 13.0 (or 13.1 when it's released).

If you need the "best" version of graphics/drm-kmod, then you go with the 13 major version. Everything else is exactly the same as all versions use the same ports tree (so you have the same version of KDE on all supported versions of FreeBSD).

I'm intenting to install on my SSD the FreeBSD Operating System with the KDE5 environment for daily use. I would like to know which version would you recomend me to install between 12.2 and 13.
The best to use would depend on your use case. If you are looking to trying out FreeBSD as your daily desktop computer system, I would recommend using 13.0 due to some performance improvements that target the desktop experience. Some hardware, specifically newer graphics, would require 13.0 to work. Even then, the newest may require using CURRENT for proper functionality. If you have hardware that is known to work well with 12.3, and you are doing specific tasks that are known to work well with 12.3, the 12 branch of FreeBSD is more mature and may be more stable.

The short recommendation:
For general desktop computing, use 13.0.
For specific tasks that are documented to work better with 12.3, use 12.3.

If you're building a new system on relatively new hardware, wait a couple of days, the first beta release of 13.1 should come out soon. Try that one first.

Back