Which operating system forum or programming languages do you regulary read.

I used to frequent linuxquestions.org but haven't been there in months because there are too many a$$hats acting like jerks. Some folks are OK but many are not so to me, it was a toxic environment and I chose not to hang out there.
I put a few of them in the box and now it's a much nicer place for me. The Ignore box, that is. Where people cease to exist as long as I log in before i view the forums.

When someone made the cute remark that "arrogance was a desirable personality attribute" I gave them a lesson it. And when I was done told them to get in the box, just so I wouldn't feel like coming back in 3 months and doing it again.

It's the only other forum I frequent beside this one.

I have been banished from the Bizarro World A.I. Forum for the ThoughtCrime of Logic, and putting Kuki/Mitsuku in an Infinite Loop during a Turing Test.

Today I noticed I've got a shortened Twitter URL (https://t.co/ is the generic link) because it could possibly be dangerous to visit Demonica's site. Now Twitter people are coming to see the transcript of Demonica and Kuki/Mitsuku in conversation...

See some of the blog entry observations here on reading the Coders At Work book. Several remarkable quotes:
[How do you decide when code needs to be thrown away?] When it’s hard to work on. I do it much quicker than most people do. I’ll throw away code as soon I want to add something to it and I get the feeling that what I have to do to add it is too hard. —Ken Thompson
Most of the time, [the project] sits in the back of my mind—nothing on paper—for a period of time and I’ll concentrate on the hard parts. —Ken Thompson
I usually write down data structures before I write down code. —Ken Thompson
Chris Okasaki’s book Purely Functional Data Structures. Fantastic. It’s like Arthur Norman’s course only spread out to a whole book. —Simon Peyton Jones
You can go in and read the source to Linux, if you want to. Reading the source to TeX was a valuable exercise just because it was a large body of well-thought-out, well-debugged code. —Guy Steele
you want to design the specification of what’s in the middle in such a way that it naturally is also correct on the boundaries, rather than treating boundaries as special cases. —Guy Steele
Joe’s Law of Debugging, which is that all errors will be plus/minus three statements of the place you last changed the program. —Joe Armstrong
There’s this overemphasis on reusable software where you never get to open up the box and see what’s inside the box. It’s nice to have these black boxes but, almost always, if you can look inside the box you can improve it and make it work better once you know what’s inside the box. Instead people make these closed wrappers around everything and present the closure to the programmers of the world, and the programmers of the world aren’t allowed to diddle with that. —Donald Knuth

Though none of this matters if you don't develop & practice your own set of programming habits, your own code of conduct for the conduct of your code!

Pretty much only forums for things I use, so related to OS's:
Arch, Gentoo for the past 15 years or so.
I also read the Phoronix forums and visit hacker news although I don't really read comments on HN.
Been using 4ch /g/ long before Nvidia cards were 1.7% woodscrews.

I don't do any programming as I don't enjoy it, things like reddit and stackoverflow or random forums I end up on when looking for ways to script things but nothing regular I watch in regards to languages.

Back