What’s your favourite new feature from the upcoming 14.0-RELEASE

I liked that FreeBSD comes with a classic (but a little unusual in these days) shell such as csh. It was so orthodox!

csh(1) and tcsh(1) are still present.

Incidentally, sh(1) is not a default for non-root users.

… online production environments?

Please, can you say a little more about what you mean by online and/or production?

If it seems like an obtuse question: sorry, that's not my intention. Related: <https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=273017> – whilst the commentary might be difficult to follow, the (opening) summary line should be clear enough:

Mixed meanings/interpretations of phrases such as 'legacy', 'production' and 'production quality'

Without disclosing any of the private conversations that followed: I was happy with the direction in which, I think, things were heading. The end result of that person's direction might be seen when 14.0-RELEASE is announced.

:) jokes aside, I imagine a fourth release candidate and a mid-November release announcement. <https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/showdependencytree.cgi?id=14.0r&hide_resolved=1>, and so on, not least the human factor.
The company has 20 cloud hosts currently on Alibaba Cloud and plans to move to AWS by the end of the year. Currently, all systems are upgraded to 13.2 using FreeBSD 13.1, and FreeBSD 14.0 was launched in November. I am wondering if I can use FreeBSD 14.0 for all systems without upgrading the system later.

I am wondering if I can use FreeBSD 14.0 for all systems without upgrading the system later.
You can, but avoiding upgrades isn't a good reason to do so, they're unlikely to cause issues when done correctly (following the handbook).

I don't know if my Corsair K68 keyboard will get properly detected with the new kernel.
I'm using it but in BIOS mode that gets a annoying blinking led all time and no function keys at all.
So I will be pleased with bug and security fix and that's it.

Last edited:
After many decades in the computer industry, I have learned to avoid living on the bleeding edge.
After a good long waiting period for 14 to stabilize, I will be happy with bug fixes and stability, especially ZFS.

IMHO (agreeing with a privately-made suggestion):
  • after 14.0-RELEASE is announced, 14.0 should be the default for new installations.
… learned to avoid living on the bleeding edge.

Version 1400000 (the first 14.0-CURRENT) – bleeding edge but not necessarily bloody, depending on the use case – was defined thirty-three months ago:

After a good long waiting period for 14 to stabilize, …

The stable/14 branch was cut from the main branch (CURRENT) two months ago:

The releng/14.0 branch – release engineering – is currently version 1400006, which was defined three months ago (26th July):

Driver for Qualcomm Atheros QCA6174 (ath10k in linux)
I tested beta thats not working.
It not exist in /boot/kernel, I compiled the module and load it and create wlan0,
but I can't connect to my access point! :mad:
Yes, I hope that Qualcomm Atheros QCA6174 (ath10K in linux) does get supported for your needs with FreeBSD, Aminavy. Have a look at wifi box using Alpine Linux with Linux wifi drivers that pass through to FreeBSD.
Freebsd Forum post qca6174 from 2021. (phishfry coments?) FreeBSD-wifibox github site

Project FreeBSD Wifibox

Wifibox deploys a Linux guest to drive a wireless networking card on the FreeBSD host system with the help of PCI pass-through. There have been guides on the Internet to suggest the use of such techniques to improve the wireless networking experience on FreeBSD, of which Wifibox tries to implement as a single easy-to-use software package.

Go right ahead! I consider this issue fully remedied & very useful to add to the knowledge base. for QCA6174 chip.
BSD-Hardware.info Will QCA6174, be upgraded to "working" status on FreeBSD 14.0?

Someone should do the BSD-Hardware information hardware probes, using your present laptop running FreeBSD-14.0-RELEASE, to update their database information
hw-probe -all -upload or hw-probe -all > my-bsd-hardware-info-test.txt if you just wish to check without uploading.

WifiBox FreeBSD setup, Use Alpine Linux Wifi driver software
My wifibox setup, with details
Wifibox Reviews
https://eldapper.wordpress.com/2023/01/ ... sd-laptop/ Wifibox on my GhostBSD Laptop computer.

Best of luck in finding a solution that works for you, Aminavy

I am not running BIG IRON like others are. I am very pleased the FreeBSD 14.0 is running on the Raspberry Pi 4B with 8 gigs of memory. Wired Ethernet is working fine for now. Some time in the future, we might have the Broadcom Wifi working CY43455. Working with make buildworld make buildkernel make installkernel make installworld using FreeBSD 14.0 (now 15.0) to build GhostBSD 14.0 to run on ARM64 Raspberry Pi 4B hardware with the BCM2711 SOC.

Is anyone testing the VCHIQ HDMI audio subsystem of the BCM2711 SOC with FreeBSD 14.0? Marcos September 2022 Patch worked very on the Raspberry Pi. I get compile errors from this line below. Did anyone test?
time make -j4 buildkernel TARGET_ARCH=aarch64 KERNCONF=GENERIC-VCHIQ -DNO_CLEAN

I have Poudriere Build and Nginx running on the Raspberry Pi 4B hardware with FreeBSD 14.0 Operating System and a 1 TB usb 3.0 SSD. Working Great! Thanks Vermaden, your blog posts are really useful! Will somebody or some company get FreeBSD 14.0 ported onto Qualcomm Snapdragon 8cx gen 2 or gen 3 hardware? Maybe the FreeBSD Foundation will support buying a few Dell Inspiron 14 3420 Laptops with Snapdragon 8cx gen 2 inside at $500 each or Lenovo Thinkpad X13S for $1500 to have as test devices for ARM64 hardware. Would be nice to not get Steam rolled over by "Windows on ARM" Snapdragon laptops with Snapdragon SOCs created by Qualcomm. FreeBSD running on an ARM64 laptop is ROCK SOLID STABLE. Why would I select to use an inferior product, "Windows on Arm" Yes some fancy switch from cellphone to laptop system looks good. But is it? Here are some some ARM64 FreeBSD video Channels to watch on www.youtube.com/@Robonuggie www.youtube.com/@GaryHTech Two YouTube channels that put out great videos showing FreeBSD use on personal computers. Robonuggie shows FreeBSD running on Raspberry Pi 400 keyboard with 4 GB dram.

Attachments

• Ghost_kernel_boot_photo_2023-09-29_15-02-47.jpg
    Ghost_kernel_boot_photo_2023-09-29_15-02-47.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 63
  • main-qimg-BSD_Linux_Burning_MS_Laptop.jpg
    main-qimg-BSD_Linux_Burning_MS_Laptop.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 61
bhyve consistent uefi variables, such as boot entries.
This means just clicking through every OS's installer and not needing bootx64.efi ... :)!

I used wifibox. but its not a good way for daily using for a low price (and power) system.

Can someone post a ls /boot/kernel/ output from 14.0 (RC2 or RC3)?

I used wifibox. but its not a good way for daily using for a low price (and power) system.

Can someone post a ls /boot/kernel/ output from 14.0 (RC2 or RC3)?
In my case, for 14.0 RC2, ls /boot/kernel/ outputs:
Code:
aac.ko                               if_gve.ko                            ng_ipfw.ko
aacraid.ko                           if_iavf.ko                           ng_ksocket.ko
accf_data.ko                         if_ic.ko                             ng_l2cap.ko
accf_dns.ko                          if_ice.ko                            ng_l2tp.ko
accf_http.ko                         if_igb.ko                            ng_lmi.ko
acl_nfs4.ko                          if_igc.ko                            ng_macfilter.ko
acl_posix1e.ko                       if_infiniband.ko                     ng_mppc.ko
acpi_asus_wmi.ko                     if_ipheth.ko                         ng_nat.ko
acpi_asus.ko                         if_ipw.ko                            ng_netflow.ko
acpi_dock.ko                         if_iwi.ko                            ng_one2many.ko
acpi_fujitsu.ko                      if_iwlwifi.ko                        ng_patch.ko
acpi_ged.ko                          if_iwm.ko                            ng_pipe.ko
acpi_hp.ko                           if_iwn.ko                            ng_ppp.ko
acpi_ibm.ko                          if_ix.ko                             ng_pppoe.ko
acpi_panasonic.ko                    if_ixl.ko                            ng_pptpgre.ko
acpi_sony.ko                         if_ixlv.ko                           ng_pred1.ko
acpi_toshiba.ko                      if_ixv.ko                            ng_rfc1490.ko
acpi_video.ko                        if_jme.ko                            ng_socket.ko
acpi_wmi.ko                          if_kue.ko                            ng_source.ko
ads111x.ko                           if_lagg.ko                           ng_split.ko
aesni.ko                             if_le.ko                             ng_tag.ko
agp.ko                               if_lge.ko                            ng_tcpmss.ko
ahc_isa.ko                           if_lio.ko                            ng_tee.ko
ahc_pci.ko                           if_malo.ko                           ng_tty.ko
ahc.ko                               if_mana.ko                           ng_ubt.ko
ahci.ko                              if_me.ko                             ng_UI.ko
ahd.ko                               if_mgb.ko                            ng_vjc.ko
aibs.ko                              if_mos.ko                            ng_vlan_rotate.ko
alias_dummy.ko                       if_msk.ko                            ng_vlan.ko
alias_ftp.ko                         if_muge.ko                           nlsysevent.ko
alias_irc.ko                         if_mwl.ko                            nmdm.ko
alias_nbt.ko                         if_mxge.ko                           ntb_hw_amd.ko
alias_pptp.ko                        if_my.ko                             ntb_hw_intel.ko
alias_skinny.ko                      if_nfe.ko                            ntb_hw_plx.ko
alias_smedia.ko                      if_nge.ko                            ntb_tool.ko
alpm.ko                              if_ntb.ko                            ntb_transport.ko
alq.ko                               if_oce.ko                            ntb.ko
amd_ecc_inject.ko                    if_otus.ko                           nullfs.ko
amdgpio.ko                           if_ovpn.ko                           nvd.ko
amdpm.ko                             if_qlnxe.ko                          nvdimm.ko
amdsbwd.ko                           if_qlnxev.ko                         nvme.ko
amdsmb.ko                            if_qlxgb.ko                          nvram.ko
amdsmn.ko                            if_qlxgbe.ko                         nxprtc.ko
amdtemp.ko                           if_qlxge.ko                          ocs_fc.ko
aout.ko                              if_ral.ko                            ohci.ko
arcmsr.ko                            if_re.ko                             opensolaris.ko
asmc.ko                              if_rl.ko                             ossl.ko
at45d.ko                             if_rsu.ko                            otusfw_init.ko
ata.ko                               if_rtw88.ko                          otusfw_main.ko
ataacard.ko                          if_rtwn_pci.ko                       ow_temp.ko
ataacerlabs.ko                       if_rtwn_usb.ko                       ow.ko
ataamd.ko                            if_rue.ko                            owc.ko
ataati.ko                            if_rum.ko                            p2sb.ko
atacenatek.ko                        if_run.ko                            padlock_rng.ko
atacypress.ko                        if_sge.ko                            padlock.ko
atacyrix.ko                          if_sis.ko                            pca954x.ko
atahighpoint.ko                      if_sk.ko                             pcf.ko
ataintel.ko                          if_smsc.ko                           pcf8574.ko
ataisa.ko                            if_ste.ko                            pcf8591.ko
ataite.ko                            if_stf.ko                            pchtherm.ko
atajmicron.ko                        if_stge.ko                           pf.ko
atamarvell.ko                        if_sume.ko                           pflog.ko
atamicron.ko                         if_ti.ko                             pfsync.ko
atanational.ko                       if_tuntap.ko                         plasma_saver.ko
atanetcell.ko                        if_uath.ko                           plip.ko
atanvidia.ko                         if_udav.ko                           pmspcv.ko
atapci.ko                            if_upgt.ko                           ppbus.ko
atapromise.ko                        if_ural.ko                           ppc.ko
ataserverworks.ko                    if_ure.ko                            ppi.ko
atasiliconimage.ko                   if_urndis.ko                         pps.ko
atasis.ko                            if_urtw.ko                           procfs.ko
atavia.ko                            if_vge.ko                            profile.ko
ath_dfs.ko                           if_vlan.ko                           proto.ko
ath_hal_ar5210.ko                    if_vmx.ko                            prototype.ko
ath_hal_ar5211.ko                    if_vr.ko                             ps4dshock.ko
ath_hal_ar5212.ko                    if_vte.ko                            pseudofs.ko
ath_hal_ar5416.ko                    if_vtnet.ko                          pty.ko
ath_hal_ar9300.ko                    if_vxlan.ko                          puc.ko
ath_hal.ko                           if_wg.ko                             pvscsi.ko
ath_main.ko                          if_wpi.ko                            pwmbus.ko
ath_rate.ko                          if_xl.ko                             pwmc.ko
atopcase.ko                          if_zyd.ko                            qat_200xx_fw.ko
atp.ko                               iflib.ko                             qat_4xxx_fw.ko
autofs.ko                            ig4.ko                               qat_api.ko
backlight.ko                         iic.ko                               qat_c2xxx.ko
bcm5974.ko                           iicbb.ko                             qat_c2xxxfw.ko
bcma_bhndb.ko                        iicbus.ko                            qat_c3xxx_fw.ko
bcma.ko                              iichid.ko                            qat_c4xxx_fw.ko
beastie_saver.ko                     iicmux.ko                            qat_c62x_fw.ko
bhnd_pci_hostb.ko                    iicsmb.ko                            qat_common.ko
bhnd_pci.ko                          imcsmb.ko                            qat_dh895xcc_fw.ko
bhnd_pcib.ko                         imgact_binmisc.ko                    qat_hw.ko
bhnd.ko                              intelspi.ko                          qat.ko
bhndb_pci.ko                         intpm.ko                             qlnxr.ko
bhndb.ko                             io.ko                                rain_saver.ko
blake2.ko                            ioat.ko                              random_fortuna.ko
blank_saver.ko                       ip_mroute.ko                         random_OTHER.ko
bridgestp.ko                         ip6_mroute.ko                        rc4.ko
bytgpio.ko                           ipdivert.ko                          rdrand_rng.ko
callout_test.ko                      ipfw_nat.ko                          rsu-rtl8712fw.ko
cam.ko                               ipfw_nat64.ko                        rt2561fw.ko
cardbus.ko                           ipfw_nptv6.ko                        rt2561sfw.ko
carp.ko                              ipfw_pmod.ko                         rt2661fw.ko
cbb.ko                               ipfw.ko                              rt2860fw.ko
cc_cdg.ko                            ipl.ko                               rtc8583.ko
cc_chd.ko                            ipmi_linux.ko                        rtsx.ko
cc_cubic.ko                          ipmi.ko                              rtw8723d_fw.bin.ko
cc_dctcp.ko                          ipoib.ko                             rtw8821c_fw.bin.ko
cc_hd.ko                             ips.ko                               rtw8822b_fw.bin.ko
cc_htcp.ko                           ipsec.ko                             rtw8822c_fw.bin.ko
cc_newreno.ko                        ipw_bss.ko                           rtw8822c_wow_fw.bin.ko
cc_vegas.ko                          ipw_ibss.ko                          rtwn-rtl8188eefw.ko
ccp.ko                               ipw_monitor.ko                       rtwn-rtl8188eufw.ko
ccr.ko                               irdma.ko                             rtwn-rtl8192cfwE_B.ko
cd9660_iconv.ko                      isci.ko                              rtwn-rtl8192cfwE.ko
cd9660.ko                            iscsi.ko                             rtwn-rtl8192cfwT.ko
cfiscsi.ko                           iser.ko                              rtwn-rtl8192cfwU.ko
cfumass.ko                           isl.ko                               rtwn-rtl8192eufw.ko
chromebook_platform.ko               isl12xx.ko                           rtwn-rtl8812aufw.ko
chvgpio.ko                           ismt.ko                              rtwn-rtl8821aufw.ko
ciss.ko                              isp_2400.ko                          rtwn.ko
coretemp.ko                          isp_2500.ko                          runfw.ko
cp2112.ko                            isp.ko                               s3.ko
cpuctl.ko                            ispfw.ko                             s35390a.ko
cpufreq.ko                           itwd.ko                              safe.ko
crypto.ko                            iw_cxgbe.ko                          safexcel.ko
cryptodev.ko                         iwi_bss.ko                           sbp_targ.ko
ctl.ko                               iwi_ibss.ko                          sbp.ko
cuse.ko                              iwi_monitor.ko                       scc.ko
cxgb_t3fw.ko                         iwlwifi-3160-17.ucode.ko             sctp.ko
cxgbei.ko                            iwlwifi-3168-29.ucode.ko             sdhci_acpi.ko
cyapa.ko                             iwlwifi-7260-17.ucode.ko             sdhci_pci.ko
daemon_saver.ko                      iwlwifi-7265-17.ucode.ko             sdhci.ko
dcons_crom.ko                        iwlwifi-7265D-29.ucode.ko            sdio.ko
dcons.ko                             iwlwifi-8000C-36.ucode.ko            sdt.ko
dpdk_lpm4.ko                         iwlwifi-8265-36.ucode.ko             sem.ko
dpdk_lpm6.ko                         iwlwifi-9000-pu-b0-jf-b0-46.ucode.ko send.ko
dpms.ko                              iwlwifi-9260-th-b0-jf-b0-46.ucode.ko sfxge.ko
dragon_saver.ko                      iwlwifi-cc-a0-77.ucode.ko            sgx_linux.ko
ds1307.ko                            iwlwifi-Qu-b0-hr-b0-77.ucode.ko      sgx.ko
ds13rtc.ko                           iwlwifi-Qu-b0-jf-b0-77.ucode.ko      siba_bhndb.ko
ds1672.ko                            iwlwifi-Qu-c0-hr-b0-77.ucode.ko      siba.ko
ds3231.ko                            iwlwifi-Qu-c0-jf-b0-77.ucode.ko      siftr.ko
dtaudit.ko                           iwlwifi-QuZ-a0-hr-b0-77.ucode.ko     siis.ko
dtmalloc.ko                          iwlwifi-QuZ-a0-jf-b0-77.ucode.ko     smartpqi.ko
dtnfscl.ko                           iwlwifi-so-a0-gf-a0-83.ucode.ko      smb.ko
dtrace_test.ko                       iwlwifi-so-a0-gf-a0.pnvm.ko          smbfs.ko
dtrace.ko                            iwlwifi-so-a0-gf4-a0-83.ucode.ko     smbios.ko
dtraceall.ko                         iwlwifi-so-a0-gf4-a0.pnvm.ko         smbus.ko
dummynet.ko                          iwlwifi-so-a0-hr-b0-81.ucode.ko      snake_saver.ko
efirt.ko                             iwlwifi-so-a0-jf-b0-77.ucode.ko      snd_als4000.ko
ehci.ko                              iwlwifi-ty-a0-gf-a0-83.ucode.ko      snd_atiixp.ko
evdev.ko                             iwlwifi-ty-a0-gf-a0.pnvm.ko          snd_cmi.ko
exca.ko                              iwm3160fw.ko                         snd_cs4281.ko
ext2fs.ko                            iwm3168fw.ko                         snd_csa.ko
fade_saver.ko                        iwm7260fw.ko                         snd_driver.ko
fasttrap.ko                          iwm7265Dfw.ko                        snd_emu10k1.ko
fbt.ko                               iwm7265fw.ko                         snd_emu10kx.ko
fdc.ko                               iwm8000Cfw.ko                        snd_envy24.ko
fdescfs.ko                           iwm8265fw.ko                         snd_envy24ht.ko
fib_dxr.ko                           iwm9000fw.ko                         snd_es137x.ko
filemon.ko                           iwm9260fw.ko                         snd_fm801.ko
fire_saver.ko                        iwn1000fw.ko                         snd_hda.ko
firewire.ko                          iwn100fw.ko                          snd_hdspe.ko
firmware.ko                          iwn105fw.ko                          snd_ich.ko
ftgpio.ko                            iwn135fw.ko                          snd_maestro3.ko
ftwd.ko                              iwn2000fw.ko                         snd_neomagic.ko
fusefs.ko                            iwn2030fw.ko                         snd_solo.ko
g_audio.ko                           iwn4965fw.ko                         snd_spicds.ko
g_keyboard.ko                        iwn5000fw.ko                         snd_t4dwave.ko
g_modem.ko                           iwn5150fw.ko                         snd_uaudio.ko
g_mouse.ko                           iwn6000fw.ko                         snd_via8233.ko
geom_bde.ko                          iwn6000g2afw.ko                      snd_via82c686.ko
geom_cache.ko                        iwn6000g2bfw.ko                      snd_vibes.ko
geom_ccd.ko                          iwn6050fw.ko                         snp.ko
geom_concat.ko                       jedec_dimm.ko                        sound.ko
geom_eli.ko                          kbdmux.ko                            speaker.ko
geom_flashmap.ko                     kern_testfrwk.ko                     spibus.ko
geom_gate.ko                         kernel                               spigen.ko
geom_journal.ko                      kgssapi_krb5.ko                      splash_bmp.ko
geom_label.ko                        kgssapi.ko                           splash_pcx.ko
geom_linux_lvm.ko                    kinst.ko                             splash_txt.ko
geom_md.ko                           krpc.ko                              star_saver.ko
geom_mirror.ko                       krping.ko                            superio.ko
geom_mountver.ko                     ksyms.ko                             sym.ko
geom_multipath.ko                    ktest_example.ko                     systrace_freebsd32.ko
geom_nop.ko                          ktest_netlink_message_writer.ko      systrace_linux.ko
geom_part_apm.ko                     ktest.ko                             systrace_linux32.ko
geom_part_bsd.ko                     libalias.ko                          systrace.ko
geom_part_bsd64.ko                   libiconv.ko                          sysvmsg.ko
geom_part_ebr.ko                     libmchain.ko                         sysvsem.ko
geom_part_gpt.ko                     lindebugfs.ko                        sysvshm.ko
geom_part_ldm.ko                     linker.hints                         t4_tom.ko
geom_part_mbr.ko                     linprocfs.ko                         t4fw_cfg.ko
geom_raid.ko                         linsysfs.ko                          t5fw_cfg.ko
geom_raid3.ko                        linux_common.ko                      t6fw_cfg.ko
geom_shsec.ko                        linux.ko                             tarfs.ko
geom_stripe.ko                       linux64.ko                           tcpmd5.ko
geom_union.ko                        linuxkpi_hdmi.ko                     tmpfs.ko
geom_uzip.ko                         linuxkpi_wlan.ko                     toecore.ko
geom_vinum.ko                        linuxkpi.ko                          tpm.ko
geom_virstor.ko                      logo_saver.ko                        tws.ko
geom_zero.ko                         lpbb.ko                              u3g.ko
gpiobus.ko                           lpt.ko                               uacpi.ko
gpioiic.ko                           ltc430x.ko                           uark.ko
gpioled.ko                           mac_biba.ko                          uart.ko
gpiospi.ko                           mac_bsdextended.ko                   ubsa.ko
gpioths.ko                           mac_ifoff.ko                         ubser.ko
green_saver.ko                       mac_ipacl.ko                         ubtbcmfw.ko
h_ertt.ko                            mac_lomac.ko                         uchcom.ko
hconf.ko                             mac_mls.ko                           ucom.ko
hcons.ko                             mac_none.ko                          ucycom.ko
hgame.ko                             mac_ntpd.ko                          udbp.ko
hid.ko                               mac_partition.ko                     udf_iconv.ko
hidbus.ko                            mac_pimd.ko                          udf.ko
hidmap.ko                            mac_portacl.ko                       udl.ko
hidquirk.ko                          mac_priority.ko                      uep.ko
hidraw.ko                            mac_seeotheruids.ko                  uether.ko
hifn.ko                              mac_stub.ko                          ufoma.ko
hkbd.ko                              mac_test.ko                          ufs.ko
hms.ko                               max44009.ko                          uftdi.ko
hmt.ko                               mdio.ko                              ugensa.ko
hpen.ko                              mem.ko                               ugold.ko
hpt27xx.ko                           mfi_linux.ko                         uhci.ko
hptiop.ko                            mfi.ko                               uhid_snes.ko
hptmv.ko                             mfip.ko                              uhid.ko
hptnr.ko                             miibus.ko                            uhso.ko
hptrr.ko                             mlx.ko                               uinput.ko
hsctrl.ko                            mlx4.ko                              uipaq.ko
htu21.ko                             mlx4en.ko                            ukbd.ko
hv_hid.ko                            mlx4ib.ko                            uled.ko
hv_netvsc.ko                         mlx5.ko                              ulpt.ko
hv_sock.ko                           mlx5en.ko                            umass.ko
hv_storvsc.ko                        mlx5ib.ko                            umcs.ko
hv_utils.ko                          mlxfw.ko                             umct.ko
hv_vmbus.ko                          mmc.ko                               umodem.ko
hwpmc.ko                             mmcsd.ko                             umoscom.ko
ibcore.ko                            mpi3mr.ko                            ums.ko
ice_ddp.ko                           mpr.ko                               unionfs.ko
icee.ko                              mps.ko                               uplcom.ko
ichsmb.ko                            mpt.ko                               urio.ko
ichwd.ko                             mqueuefs.ko                          usb_quirk.ko
ida.ko                               mrsas_linux.ko                       usb_template.ko
ietp.ko                              mrsas.ko                             usb.ko
if_ae.ko                             msdosfs_iconv.ko                     usbhid.ko
if_age.ko                            msdosfs.ko                           usfs.ko
if_alc.ko                            mthca.ko                             usie.ko
if_ale.ko                            mvs.ko                               uslcom.ko
if_ath.ko                            mw88W8363fw.ko                       uvisor.ko
if_aue.ko                            mx25l.ko                             uvscom.ko
if_axe.ko                            mxge_eth_z8e.ko                      vesa.ko
if_axge.ko                           mxge_ethp_z8e.ko                     viapm.ko
if_axp.ko                            mxge_rss_eth_z8e.ko                  viawd.ko
if_bce.ko                            mxge_rss_ethp_z8e.ko                 videomode.ko
if_bfe.ko                            nctgpio.ko                           virtio_balloon.ko
if_bge.ko                            ncthwm.ko                            virtio_blk.ko
if_bnxt.ko                           netgraph.ko                          virtio_console.ko
if_bridge.ko                         netlink.ko                           virtio_pci.ko
if_bwi.ko                            nfscl.ko                             virtio_random.ko
if_bwn.ko                            nfscommon.ko                         virtio_scsi.ko
if_bxe.ko                            nfsd.ko                              virtio.ko
if_cas.ko                            nfslockd.ko                          vkbd.ko
if_cc.ko                             nfsmb.ko                             vmci.ko
if_ccv.ko                            nfssvc.ko                            vmd.ko
if_cdce.ko                           ng_async.ko                          vmm.ko
if_cdceem.ko                         ng_bluetooth.ko                      vpd.ko
if_cue.ko                            ng_bpf.ko                            warp_saver.ko
if_cxgb.ko                           ng_bridge.ko                         wbwd.ko
if_cxgbe.ko                          ng_btsocket.ko                       wdatwd.ko
if_cxgbev.ko                         ng_car.ko                            wlan_acl.ko
if_cxl.ko                            ng_checksum.ko                       wlan_amrr.ko
if_cxlv.ko                           ng_cisco.ko                          wlan_ccmp.ko
if_dc.ko                             ng_deflate.ko                        wlan_rssadapt.ko
if_disc.ko                           ng_device.ko                         wlan_tkip.ko
if_edsc.ko                           ng_echo.ko                           wlan_wep.ko
if_em.ko                             ng_eiface.ko                         wlan_xauth.ko
if_ena.ko                            ng_etf.ko                            wlan.ko
if_enc.ko                            ng_ether_echo.ko                     wmt.ko
if_enic.ko                           ng_ether.ko                          wpifw.ko
if_epair.ko                          ng_frame_relay.ko                    wsp.ko
if_et.ko                             ng_gif_demux.ko                      x86bios.ko
if_fwe.ko                            ng_gif.ko                            xb360gp.ko
if_fwip.ko                           ng_hci.ko                            xdr.ko
if_fxp.ko                            ng_hole.ko                           xhci.ko
if_gem.ko                            ng_hub.ko                            xz.ko
if_gif.ko                            ng_iface.ko                          zfs.ko
if_gre.ko                            ng_ip_input.ko                       zlib.ko

Okay, stable/14 looks faster than stable/13.2 but does not solve my issues with it.

S4 or suchlike would be great. Or the freeze/reheat thing from DragonFly... Maybe in 15, a man can hope.

Back