What song you are playing

fonz said:
Currently playing: an ancient trash metal album I just found (for the old farts: it's Metal Church's "The Dark" :r).

Never thought I'd see the day that Metal Church was referred to, for "old farts". I always liked their cover of Highway Star.

Today, I'm listening to a all the Made Out of Babies albums, Miles Davis' Live Evil and Dark Magnus and all the Venom album (up to the Chanting of The Priest) on random...

Currently : Pink Floyd - Cluster One...

...via XMMS. 70% of the time i'm listening to either Iron Maiden or Pink Floyd.

FBSDin20Steps said:
Good old times, huh? Back then radiostations played this song 8 times in an hour. That song really brainwashed me, man. I am still whistling...:)

Argh! I hope they put CO2 under your town now!

As I'm reading this post I have 4 To the bar - Slam me baby playing. (it's a house track)

I go from disco to Heavy metal and everything in-between.

I'm a music fan !

roddierod said:
Never thought I'd see the day that Metal Church was referred to, for "old farts".

In all fairness, that album is older than some of the posters here ;) Still enjoy it, though.

Alphons

xmms2 works well

CodeBlock said:
boo! Give mpd a shot, you might like it. There are quite a few cilents out there. As I said above my favorite is ncmpcpp, which is a commandline client. It's really neat, and gets the job done quite well. One of those 'do one thing and do it well' things.

Same here xmms2 with the gxmms frontend. I actually like a lot. And you should check the xmms2 site, there is actually talk of merging the two projects. Check xmms2 vs mpd (arc notes)

And as for the song "We Made You" - M&M + DR. Dre

Probably my favorite feature about xmms2 is the separation of playlists and collections, it's so well thought out and makes organizing music so much simpler.

As far as I know, mpd doesn't have this feature.

Skid Row, Motley Crue, Elliot Smith, Radiohead, Portishead, Rialto, Michael Jackson, Sneaker Pimps.. oh so many. And for some reason I always keep myself a copy of 'BSD is Dying' presentation by Jason Dixon because I think it's funny and I always listen to it whenever I feel sleepy at work.

Amarok, planning to switch something lighter.

Back