What song you are playing

I currently have a bunch of My Bloody Valentine, Elliott Smith, Sonic Youth, Shellac, PJ Harvey, An House, and Swans on rotation. Very random.

jrick said:

boo! Give mpd a shot, you might like it. There are quite a few cilents out there. As I said above my favorite is ncmpcpp, which is a commandline client. It's really neat, and gets the job done quite well. One of those 'do one thing and do it well' things.

DragonForce on sharp/stereo via a 16 gig flash drive. Much more on it, DragonForce is what's on today. Other bands on the same flash drive include Rammstein, Iron Maiden, Rhapsody of Fire, Edguy, Dio, Kamelot, Camina Burana by Carl Orff, The Planet Suite by Holst, etc. (And yes, I know I'm strange in that I go from classical to metal and back again. :) )

Currently Aerosmith, then some Blue October, The Offspring, Soundgarden, Bush, Mudvayne and Bon Jovi.

Playing via my trusty Winamp (Yes you read that correctly).

What version?
Best winamp was about v2.x (I think 6 or something like that..... can't remember)
I haven't used it since.... It only got overbloated....

Have you tried foobar2000?

Winamp 5.56 Pro, classic skin.

I have to agree with you that it has become quite bloated. I found it hard to find a media player that has an equalizer that doesn't suck, and sounds good with both headphones and being passed to my receiver via S/PDIF (that and I've used Winamp for ~9 years now).

Edit: Yes, I have foobar, I use it for streaming XM, and converting FLACs. Good player, I probably should spend some time setting it up more.

My good old XMMS (using it non stop for like 7 years) streaming various electronica channels from di.fm depending on mood.

Currently playing: an ancient trash metal album I just found (for the old farts: it's Metal Church's "The Dark" :r).

Otherwise simply whatever I happen to have on my laptop at the moment. Mostly classic rock, but some other stuff as well.

Played old-school with mpg123 + aumix. And I really should revive that ncurses-based jukebox/playlist thingy I wrote several years ago :beergrin

Alphons

Back