What Do You Love Most About FreeBSD? :)

Jails are great. I also have to agree that its pretty cool that FreeBSD doesn't seems to change dramatically that frequently. Though, i'm not sure if this is because the development is slower or because things don't need to change. Either way, it makes it less overwhelming to become familiar with it. However, the downside is hardware/software support can be lacking here and there.

Which reminds me... :) I'm working on a new FreeBSD-based OS, called FreOn! :D Like the fridge chemical. :3 I cheleose FreeBSD because it's stable. :) I don't know if I'm good enough to finish it though. XD

You might be challenged by Google's graphics stack named Freon ;). What does your OS do differently?

You might be challenged by Google's graphics stack named Freon ;). What does your OS do differently?
Lol, I didn't think about that. :D Well, it doesn't do much yet... I have yet to have a Drive big enough to compile it, and do any real extensive work. :) Also, I'm thinking about making it humorous... I want it to pep up it's users. :D

Jails are great. I also have to agree that its pretty cool that FreeBSD doesn't seems to change dramatically that frequently. Though, i'm not sure if this is because the development is slower or because things don't need to change. Either way, it makes it less overwhelming to become familiar with it. However, the downside is hardware/software support can be lacking here and there.
Yeah. :) I should really get into learning Jails more. :D But as for Hardware support, I think that FreeBSD is where Linux was some years back. :) People are also starting to want to use it as more than just an appliance and/or Server driver. But it won't be long. :) I just posted a Thread yesterday about getting WiFi and Graphics working on my HP 15-bs212wm. Here's hoping...! :D

Back