Webcamd USB Gamepads

Don't know, but these steps may help you find out:
cd /usr/ports/multimedia/webcamd
make patch
grep -R gamepad *

When finished, don't forget to make clean.

Lots work without webcamd.
Still using my Logitech F310

Does F501 Logitech rumble effect work on FreeBSD?
Okay, just for you:

cd /usr/ports/multimedia/webcamd
make patch
grep -R Logitech *

Cut from the output from grep:

work/linux-5.17-rc1/drivers/input/joystick/xpad.c: { 0x046d, 0xc21d, "Logitech Gamepad F310", 0, XTYPE_XBOX360 },
work/linux-5.17-rc1/drivers/input/joystick/xpad.c: { 0x046d, 0xc21e, "Logitech Gamepad F510", 0, XTYPE_XBOX360 },
work/linux-5.17-rc1/drivers/input/joystick/xpad.c: { 0x046d, 0xc21f, "Logitech Gamepad F710", 0, XTYPE_XBOX360 },
work/linux-5.17-rc1/drivers/input/joystick/xpad.c: { 0x046d, 0xc242, "Logitech Chillstream Controller", 0, XTYPE_XBOX360 },
work/linux-5.17-rc1/drivers/input/joystick/xpad.c: { 0x046d, 0xca84, "Logitech Xbox Cordless Controller", 0, XTYPE_XBOX },
work/linux-5.17-rc1/drivers/input/joystick/xpad.c: { 0x046d, 0xca88, "Logitech Compact Controller for Xbox", 0, XTYPE_XBOX },
work/linux-5.17-rc1/drivers/input/joystick/xpad.c: { 0x046d, 0xca8a, "Logitech Precision Vibration Feedback Wheel", 0, XTYPE_XBOX },
work/linux-5.17-rc1/drivers/input/joystick/xpad.c: { 0x046d, 0xcaa3, "Logitech DriveFx Racing Wheel", 0, XTYPE_XBOX360 },

Here, the Logitech vendor ID (0x046d, command usbconfig will show you that) and the product ID are used to identify the device. I see an F510, but not F501.

Lots work without webcamd.
Still using my Logitech F310

Yep, i always have used the default things like uhid. I do currently play American Truck Simulator over Wine and it can find my CSL gamepad out of the box.

For some reason the new stuff dont seem to be good for me or its have something to do with wine/sdl2?

I see that xb360gp pickups my controller on boot automatically but then the game cant find it anymore so i have to replug it so that uhid takes it.

SDL and Scummvm have either their own drivers or subsets of drivers. When I previously tried them, the gamepads they supported varied.

Once a driver is loaded, the dev permissions have to be set, and some programs do this automatically while sometimes it has to be done manually. Webcamd sets hardware permissions. Antimicro is an exception, that it doesn't set dev permissions and somehow works as long as the hardware is recognized and loaded by a driver.

Back