Videoconferencing software

I see that someone is working on a zoom port. Thank you. I understand that until it is announced, I shall have to do my zoom conferencing on Linux. However, I was surprised to discover that I could not do a bluejeans.com conference on chrome under FreeBSD. What software is missing on FreeBSD that would render a bluejeans.com conference nonfunctional? It was annoying for me to have to reboot my laptop into Linux when the time came to join a bluejeans.com conference, and I missed the first few minutes. It was the same chrome browser in both cases, however (maybe different versions, but I was using the most recent available version on both OSes) and I don't understand why the browser in FreeBSD failed to do the conference properly.

Also, has anyone managed to run Skype on FreeBSD? Skype is closed-source, and I don't expect MicroSoft to release a FreeBSD version, ever; but they do release skypeforlinux, and FreeBSD has native Linux emulation. I could not, however, get skypeforlinux to work on my FreeBSD system. I hope it is because I was failing to do something simple and obvious.

Thank you in advance for any and all replies.

Thank you for informing me of the new www/jitsi-meet port. However, I do not see how I can benefit from installing it. It is unlikely that the existing bluejeans.com conference organizers are going to migrate to jitsi, even if I ask them to. Does anyone know anything about getting bluejeans.com conferences to function on a browser running under FreeBSD, or why they were failing for me? Does anyone know how to get Skype working on FreeBSD? Thank you in advance for any and all replies.

There are skype extensions for web browsers, but I am not sure whether they work in FreeBSD. It's maybe worth a try.

Back