Using bind to cache steam and other downloads via nginx

Hi, im a noob in caching and i have question about how to use bind to respond to nginx cache, how do i configure a bind to listen to nginx, i have seen some examples of bind configs but i cant figure out how to work.

Erm, BIND is used for DNS name resolving, it has absolutely nothing to do with serving web content. Please explain exactly what you want to do.

Erm, BIND is used for DNS name resolving, it has absolutely nothing to do with serving web content. Please explain exactly what you want to do.
I want to do a lancache server for my games on steam, but all I could find is some references to nginx with bind to make it work, I don't know if I could link the Github in here.

By all means, if you have a link to the document you're following, please post it.

Ah, the "trick" they're using is to set up BIND in such a way that if your computer, for example, tries to connect to cs.steampowered.com, instead of resolving it to the actual, real, internet IP address, it resolves to the IP address of your local nginx. So you're basically tricking your Steam client to connect to your nginx instance instead of the "real" address.

Instead of BIND I would suggest using dns/unbound as it's a lot easier to create those "fake" entries. BIND can be a bit of a pain to set up, especially if you've never done anything like this before.

Ah, the "trick" they're using is to set up BIND in such a way that if your computer, for example, tries to connect to cs.steampowered.com, instead of resolving it to the actual, real, internet IP address, it resolves to the IP address of your local nginx. So you're basically tricking your Steam client to connect to your nginx instance instead of the "real" address.

Instead of BIND I would suggest using dns/unbound as it's a lot easier to create those "fake" entries. BIND can be a bit of a pain to set up, especially if you've never done anything like this before.
Thank you very much, ill look into it.

Back