usb wifi adapter

Hi

I'm having trouble setting up a D-link DWA-131 rev. E usb wifi adapter using FreeBSD 11.2. Apparently the DWA-131 rev E is not supported by the urtwn driver. I've tried setting up the card using different drivers in the configuration files and followed quick start guides on freebsd.org with entries in /boot/loader.conf /etc/rc.conf and /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf

There is no output from ifconfig relating to wifi, ethernet works fine. Relating to the specific device usbconfig gives the output:

Code:
ugen0.3:   <Realtek Wireless N Nano USB Adapter> at usbus0,  cfg=0 md=HOST spd=HIGH (480Mbps) pwr=ON (500mA)

sysctl net.wlan.devices gives no output

Any help would be much appreciated

As you got rev. E and D-Link does not even list any revisions nor chipsets for the DWA-131 I would not spend a second longer on that crap and trash it.
http://us.dlink.com/products/connect/wireless-n-nano-usb-adapter/#tab-spec

Exactly that is, what's making it hard to develop drivers for many realtek driven devices.

Grab something else. Digg here and compare to what is available where you live.
I agree. I have an rtl8723be and wouldn't ask anybody to waste their good time writing a driver for it. Plus I think it requires non-free proprietary Realtek code just to make it work.

Back