Unreal Irc Server

So, I was able to completely install Unreal IRC server fine. Im even connected to in and in a channel I made.. But I am "+o Lego" instead of "~ Lego" and when I "/oper Lego Password" it says I have No O-Lines for your host. And I can't Use and Admin commands only Op commands. What Have I done wrong?

Would you like to see the full config file(unrealircd.conf)? or just specific sections?

Not sure about the unreal irc server but on an IRC server I've got running (overnet) you need to add a line to the config file. The O-lines define who's an IRCop.

They look like this:
Code:
O:<ipaddr>:<encrypted password>:<nick>::10

No O-lines for your host means the IP address (or hostname) isn't the same as the one you have. You can have multiple O-lines, each with a different IP address or hostname.

Code:
/*
 * NEW: oper {}
 * OLD: O:Line
 * Defines an IRC Operator
 * IRC operators are there to keep sanity to the server and usually keep it
 * maintained and connected to the network.
 * The syntax is as follows:
 * oper (login) {
 *     class (class to put them in, if different from I, moves them to new
 *                class);
 *     from {
 *        userhost (ident@host);
 *        userhost (ident@host);
 *     };
 *     flags
 *     {
 *       (flags here*);
 *     };
 *     OR
 *     flags "old type flags, like OAaRD";
 * };
 */
Code:
/* For a list of oper flags, see doc/unreal32docs.html#operblock
 * [HIGHLY recommended to read]
 */

oper (Lego) {
        class           clients;
        from {
                userhost Lego@blurr-ink.com;
        };
        password "PASSWORDHERE!!!!!";
        flags
        {
                netadmin;
                can_zline;
                can_gzline;
                can_gkline;
                global;
        };
};

it should be working... shouldn't it?

Lego said:
So, I was able to completely install Unreal IRC server fine. Im even connected to in and in a channel I made.. But I am "+o Lego" instead of "~ Lego" and when I "/oper Lego Password" it says I have No O-Lines for your host. And I can't Use and Admin commands only Op commands. What Have I done wrong?

Would you like to see the full config file(unrealircd.conf)? or just specific sections?

+aq are additional channel modes that are not described in RFC, and they may disabled while compiling unrealircd (check `make config -C /usr/ports/irc/unreal` for PREFIXAQ option)

About /oper.
Your user/host seen by server doesn't match one described in oper {} block, you can check it with /whois Lego

Ok, I fixed the Oper block and it says Im an Network administrator and it says Im an Operator when I /oper (Lego) Password, but I can' do anything... like anything that I couldn't have done without oper status... Like give myself Op status in a channel.. like Die or restart/reboot not sure which it is...

Code:
Lego is Lego@blurr-7FE5C059.home.cgocable.net * Dan Champagne
Lego is using modes +iowghaAsxN +kcfvGqso
Lego is connecting from *@d57-241-122.home.cgocable.net 24.57.241.122
Lego on #opers @#dto 
Lego using irc.blurr-ink.com Blurr-ink.com IRC Server
Lego is a Network Administrator
Lego is available for help.
Lego has been idle 15mins 49secs, signed on Sun Mar 29 14:59:14
lego End of /WHOIS list.

Code:
/mode #opers +o Lego
* Lego: you're not channel operator

I was @Lego when I created that room, had a friend join and then when I left and rejoined I didn't have Op status anymore and can't get it back.. but I should be able to being the server owner...shouldn't I?

Thanks! that worked perfect.. Oper block was working.. I just had to add the right priveledges..

Now I can't get anope to talk to the irc server.. one of the two doesn't want to talk to the other :S LOL (Im a tad confused with the link blocks)

Back