Trying to run KDE 6 Plasma with Wayland....

But anyway,Spectacle does not work :

Code:
kf.windowsystem: static bool KX11Extras::compositingActive() may only be used on X11
kf.kirigami.platform: Failed to find a Kirigami platform plugin for style "org.kde.desktop"
kf.windowsystem: static bool KX11Extras::compositingActive() may only be used on X11
Unable to determine system time zone: please check your system configuration.
zsh: segmentation fault (core dumped)  spectacle

Can you elaborate more here ? On the secondary PC I don't see the pipewire errors.
Ok great. I got it working as well with https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=280504
Bash:
#!/bin/sh
dbus-update-activation-environment --all
pipewire -v  &
wireplumber &
/usr/local/libexec/xdg-desktop-portal  -r &
/usr/local/libexec/xdg-desktop-portal-kde

And extracted a frame from a kooha captured video..
out.png

I see that it is wayland,but I haven't been able to capture the frame where it is shown. What tool did you use ? As u can see,it is unstable...some applications crash...

… I didn't find a tool able to grab the content of the screen. …

FreshPorts search results for short description shot in the wayland category:
  • deskutils/flameshot
  • games/veloren-weekly
  • graphics/satty
  • graphics/swappy
  • x11/grimshot
  • x11/shotman
  • x11/taiga
  • x11/watershot
  • x11-wm/sway-devel
Ignore the categories shown above. The ports are also in the wayland category.

Random pick, have you tried x11/watershot?

Simple Wayland-native screenshot tool

Jan is a respectable maintainer.

FreshPorts search results for short description shot in the wayland category:
  • deskutils/flameshot
  • games/veloren-weekly
  • graphics/satty
  • graphics/swappy
  • x11/grimshot
  • x11/shotman
  • x11/taiga
  • x11/watershot
  • x11-wm/sway-devel
Ignore the categories shown above. The ports are also in the wayland category.

Random pick, have you tried x11/watershot?

Jan is a respectable maintainer.

The point here is that KDE6 + Wayland at this stage of the development is not respectable :p

It's not part of KDE.

jsm can you tell whether x11/watershot works? TIA
I extracted one frame from a video from kooha since spectacle could for some reason only do window under cursor screenshots. It gave not authorized to capture screen or similar error message on the other settings even with the tip of their git branch.. I did not test watershot my best bet is it has similar issues. Firefox screensharing works with full screen as well as specific windows which is nice..

export KWIN_SCREENSHOT_NO_PERMISSION_CHECKS=1 enables spectacle, the env var skips some dbus checks that might be specific to linux. I heve not looked into what goes wrong there.. yet
and becuase of https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-126300 also set TZ to e.g Europe/Copenhagen or whatever your TZ is...

Attachments

• screenshot.png
    screenshot.png
    286.8 KB · Views: 32
export KWIN_SCREENSHOT_NO_PERMISSION_CHECKS=1 enables spectacle, the env var skips some dbus checks that might be specific to linux. I heve not looked into what goes wrong there.. yet
and becuase of https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-126300 also set TZ to e.g Europe/Copenhagen or whatever your TZ is...
What happens when you run /usr/local/bin/systemsettings5 (or 6 for KDE6)? even basic install should have that available.

I extracted one frame from a video from kooha since spectacle could for some reason only do window under cursor screenshots. It gave not authorized to capture screen or similar error message on the other settings even with the tip of their git branch.. I did not test watershot my best bet is it has similar issues. Firefox screensharing works with full screen as well as specific windows which is nice..

Can we come back to the question that I asked some days ago and that no one replied ? I would like to know if I can use an old nvidia-drm kernel module on the 14.1 ; that's because I want to be sure that the problem I get on my main PC can be fixed using an old nvidia driver. Infact,I've installed the nvidia driver 470,but between the packages and the ports I didn't find a drm.ko module that can be loaded with that driver and on the 14.1. If this "regression" can't be made,I will open a bug ticket for the bug below :

No provider of glEGLImageTargetTexture2DOES found. Requires one of : GL_OES_EGL_image

Into what FreeBSD version was still used the nvidia driver 470 ? Really I don't want to go so back in time...maybe its useless what I want to try ? should I open the bug ticket just right now,instead ?

Or even better,I could try to install a very new FreeBSD driver like this :

560.28.03 - BETA is out.​

In your opinion,could it work to install it directly ?

Into what FreeBSD version was still used the nvidia driver 470 ? …

Code:
% pkg iinfo nvidia-driver ; uname -aKU
nvidia-driver-470-470.161.03_1
FreeBSD mowa219-gjp4-zbook-freebsd 15.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 15.0-CURRENT main-n271573-fa290859fa63 GENERIC-NODEBUG amd64 1500023 1500023
%

I use it (with CURRENT) because it's the highest legacy driver that supports my hardware.

NVIDIA's page for 470.161.03 does not show support for the hardware, the page for 390.154 does show it.

The page for legacy drivers contradicts the other two pages by showing support under 470.xx.

Back