tor-browser segfault after upgrading to 2023Q3

I updated my ports-mgmt/poudriere repository from 2023Q2 to 2023Q3 last weekend. After that I started to have segfault with www/tor-browser (only this port so far):

Code:
{beastie} Ψ FreeBaSeD-T430 Ψ /home/beastie
 Ψ tor-browser
ATTENTION: default value of option mesa_glthread overridden by environment.
[fluent] Missing message in locale en-US: menu-help-feedback-page
[fluent] Couldn't find a message: menu-help-feedback-page
[dom/l10n] Could not complete initial document translation.
Missing chrome or resource URL: resource://gre/modules/UpdateListener.jsm
Missing chrome or resource URL: resource://gre/modules/UpdateListener.sys.mjs
Exiting due to channel error.
zsh: segmentation fault tor-browser
root@FreeBaSeD-T430:~ # dmesg | grep pid
orm0: <ISA Option ROM> at iomem 0xc0000-0xcffff pnpid ORM0000 on isa0
pid 74681 (tor-browser), jid 0, uid 1001: exited on signal 11
pid 12834 (tor-browser), jid 0, uid 1001: exited on signal 11
pid 11220 (tor-browser), jid 0, uid 1001: exited on signal 11
pid 37055 (tor-browser), jid 0, uid 1001: exited on signal 11
pid 91911 (tor-browser), jid 0, uid 1001: exited on signal 11
 Ψ doas pkg_libchk
Password:
linux-c7-expat-2.1.0_5: /compat/linux/usr/bin/xmlwf misses libc.so.6
linux-c7-fontconfig-2.13.0: /compat/linux/usr/bin/fc-cache-32 misses libfreetype.so.6
linux-c7-fontconfig-2.13.0: /compat/linux/usr/bin/fc-cache-32 misses libexpat.so.1
linux-c7-fontconfig-2.13.0: /compat/linux/usr/bin/fc-cache-32 misses libuuid.so.1
linux-c7-fontconfig-2.13.0: /compat/linux/usr/bin/fc-cache-32 misses libpthread.so.0
linux-c7-fontconfig-2.13.0: /compat/linux/usr/bin/fc-cache-32 misses libc.so.6
linux-c7-fontconfig-2.13.0: /compat/linux/usr/bin/fc-cache-64 misses libpthread.so.0
linux-c7-fontconfig-2.13.0: /compat/linux/usr/bin/fc-cache-64 misses libc.so.6
linux-c7-fontconfig-2.13.0: /compat/linux/usr/bin/fc-cat misses libpthread.so.0
linux-c7-fontconfig-2.13.0: /compat/linux/usr/bin/fc-cat misses libc.so.6
linux-c7-fontconfig-2.13.0: /compat/linux/usr/bin/fc-conflist misses libpthread.so.0
linux-c7-fontconfig-2.13.0: /compat/linux/usr/bin/fc-conflist misses libc.so.6
linux-c7-fontconfig-2.13.0: /compat/linux/usr/bin/fc-list misses libpthread.so.0
linux-c7-fontconfig-2.13.0: /compat/linux/usr/bin/fc-list misses libc.so.6
linux-c7-fontconfig-2.13.0: /compat/linux/usr/bin/fc-match misses libpthread.so.0
linux-c7-fontconfig-2.13.0: /compat/linux/usr/bin/fc-match misses libc.so.6
linux-c7-fontconfig-2.13.0: /compat/linux/usr/bin/fc-pattern misses libpthread.so.0
linux-c7-fontconfig-2.13.0: /compat/linux/usr/bin/fc-pattern misses libc.so.6
linux-c7-fontconfig-2.13.0: /compat/linux/usr/bin/fc-query misses libpthread.so.0
linux-c7-fontconfig-2.13.0: /compat/linux/usr/bin/fc-query misses libc.so.6
linux-c7-fontconfig-2.13.0: /compat/linux/usr/bin/fc-scan misses libpthread.so.0
linux-c7-fontconfig-2.13.0: /compat/linux/usr/bin/fc-scan misses libc.so.6
linux-c7-fontconfig-2.13.0: /compat/linux/usr/bin/fc-validate misses libpthread.so.0
linux-c7-fontconfig-2.13.0: /compat/linux/usr/bin/fc-validate misses libc.so.6
libreoffice-7.5.4.2_1: /usr/local/lib/libreoffice/program/libofficebean.so misses libjawt.so
   Ψ cat /etc/make.conf                   
CPUTYPE?=native
WITH_CPUFLAGS=YES
WITH_CCACHE_BUILD=YES
MACHINE_CPU+= avx sse42 sse41 ssse3 sse3

I don't change compile options besides the /etc/make.conf and I didn't change it between 2023Q2 and 2023Q3 upgrade. How can I investigate what happened?

Edit.: More info:
Code:
root@FreeBaSeD-T430:~ # grep tor-browser /var/log/all.log
Jul  6 04:18:54 FreeBaSeD-T430 pkg[90603]: tor-browser upgraded: 12.0.6 -> 12.0.6_1
Jul  6 14:09:07 FreeBaSeD-T430 kernel: pid 74681 (tor-browser), jid 0, uid 1001: exited on signal 11
Jul  6 14:09:34 FreeBaSeD-T430 kernel: pid 12834 (tor-browser), jid 0, uid 1001: exited on signal 11
Jul  6 14:09:55 FreeBaSeD-T430 kernel: pid 11220 (tor-browser), jid 0, uid 1001: exited on signal 11
Jul  6 14:33:19 FreeBaSeD-T430 doas[3786]: beastie ran command pkg_libchk tor-browser as root from /usr/home/beastie
Jul  6 14:33:38 FreeBaSeD-T430 doas[30942]: beastie ran command pkg_libchk -v tor-browser as root from /usr/home/beastie
Jul  6 15:37:41 FreeBaSeD-T430 kernel: pid 37055 (tor-browser), jid 0, uid 1001: exited on signal 11
Jul  6 15:56:57 FreeBaSeD-T430 kernel: pid 91911 (tor-browser), jid 0, uid 1001: exited on signal 11

Edit2.: I forgot to tell that my /usr/local/etc/poudriere.d/make.conf it is a symlink to /etc/make.conf.

Thank you guys in advance.

Poudriere doesn't care about /etc/make.conf, it won't use it.
Sorry mate, my /usr/local/etc/poudriere.d/make.conf it is a symlink to /etc/make.conf. I forgot to disclosure that piece of important information.

"Context is for Kings!"

Having this too:

Code:
% tor-browser
[fluent] Missing message in locale en-US: menu-help-feedback-page
[fluent] Couldn't find a message: menu-help-feedback-page
[dom/l10n] Could not complete initial document translation.
Missing chrome or resource URL: resource://gre/modules/UpdateListener.jsm
Missing chrome or resource URL: resource://gre/modules/UpdateListener.sys.mjs
Missing chrome or resource URL: chrome://browser/content/extension-linux-panel.css
Segmentation fault

I use tor-browser in KDE Plasma desktop.
Yesterday, did pkg update and upgrade, including tor-browser to version 12.0.6_1
Now any manual resizing of the tor-browser window causes a total crash of the app.
This has become unusable.
Please, what is the-right-way to revert to previous version ?

AFAICT, this points to a version mismatch between the ports that Poudriere compiles and the packages that get installed as dependencies to aid with compilation.

As in: What's already installed - it got too old for poudriere-bulk(8) to use for a successful compilation. So, Poudriere downloads a recent package instead (if allowed by poudriere.conf). And installing the said package - it's got the potential to open a whole new can of worms with recursive dependency resolution.

The PR that OP opened - it does point to missing libc.so.6 from Linux Compat Libs, but I just don't see a simple and clean solution beyond putting in some effort to make sure the version mismatch is minimized... 😩

it does point to missing libc.so.6 from Linux Compat Libs
That is completely unrelated to the issue. What would help is providing at least a backtrace from the generated .core file, though I'm not sure how useful that would be in case of mozilla monster :)

AFAICT, this points to a version mismatch between the ports that Poudriere compiles and the packages that get installed as dependencies to aid with compilation.
I don't think this makes any sense, I built my whole repository (I only use ports with poudriere, no binary from FreeBSD repository) when I upgraded from 2023Q2 to 2023Q3 and reinstalled everything with # pkg upgrade -f.

Sorry to necrobump an old thread but this issue is still happening for me.
I'm using FreeBSD 13.2-RELEASE, tor-browser 12.0.6-1 binary package installed via pkg.
Has anyone solved this problem?

The another issue was that NoScript was not installed by default for me so I installed it from addons.mozilla.org, now it is installed but I'm not able to open the NoScript popup from the menubar because when I do, I see a tiny blank window and I get "Missing chrome or resource URL: chrome://browser/content/extension-linux-panel.css" on stdout.

Sorry to necrobump an old thread but this issue is still happening for me.
I'm using FreeBSD 13.2-RELEASE, tor-browser 12.0.6-1 binary package installed via pkg.
Has anyone solved this problem?

The another issue was that NoScript was not installed by default for me so I installed it from addons.mozilla.org, now it is installed but I'm not able to open the NoScript popup from the menubar because when I do, I see a tiny blank window and I get "Missing chrome or resource URL: chrome://browser/content/extension-linux-panel.css" on stdout.
The bug-report it is still open.

It started working after rebuilding tor and tor-browser in my case. But the tor-browser in the FreeBSD ports is really old now so I'd wait for an update.

Back