Testing new port for squashfuse

I have created a port for the Squashfuse command line program. It allows the user to mount a squash archive under a local directory and explore it. Existing FreeBSD ports allow for the extraction (unpacking) of a squashfs archive, but if we only want to browse the contents of a squash archive, this port is much faster and requires less disk/memory usage.

The port has been submitted here: https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=210645

The upstream project and documentation is here: https://github.com/vasi/squashfuse

Many thanks, I was building squashfuse myself, but a port is certainly welcome!

My pleasure. I figured if I was going to use it, I might as well make it easier, both for myself and others.
Hi NewGuy,
Hoping you're still in that sharing mood, because I'd like to request an update for the port. The port installs v0.1.104, which is 3,5 years old, and squashfs is now at v0.5.2. But only if you have the time and you're up for it, obviously.
Thanks!

Hi NewGuy,
Hoping you're still in that sharing mood, because I'd like to request an update for the port. The port installs v0.1.104, which is 3,5 years old, and squashfs is now at v0.5.2. But only if you have the time and you're up for it, obviously.
Thanks!
Hi. I had free time and I updated it to latest version 0.5.2 and submitted it to bugzilla. I didn't test if it runs fine yet but it seems to build fine on 14.1-RELEASE.

Here is the bug report if you would like to track.
PR 282339

EDIT: I did test it basically. All commands below did work fine. Also, there is new binary called squashfuse_ll which is implemented using the low-level FUSE API. It's a tiny bit faster, but less portable. Also I did need sudo to mount the archive, or you can set # sysctl vfs.usermount=1 like I did for this time but one can consider that it's a security risk. Install sysutils/squashfs-tools for mksquashfs command.

Code:
To create a SquashFS archive:
  $ mksquashfs DIRECTORY ARCHIVE

To mount a SquashFS archive with squashfuse:
  $ squashfuse ARCHIVE MOUNTPOINT

To unmount when you're done:
  $ umount MOUNTPOINT         # On Mac/BSD
  $ fusermount -u MOUNTPOINT  # On Linux

Back