Steamuxulation redux

i don't get how to add these fixes

In your library, right click on the game you want to add the options to and go to Properties... In the properties menu, go to Set Launch Options. Set the options in the prompt and apply them.

For fmodfix, use this:
Code:
LD_PRELOAD=${LD_PRELOAD}:fmodfix.so %command%

I've attached a screenshot to clarify. And that's it :)

Attachments

• launchopts.png
    launchopts.png
    57.9 KB · Views: 325
I have tested various source engine games, and of the ones that launched into a map, none had working sound.
Same issue with ark
What must I do to correct this?
*edit* I see someone has had a similar issue and a solution was presented to them I will try it

Hello,

I'm trying proton, but keep getting:
Code:
ELF binary type "0" not known
with every game I try. I've tried different versions of proton, but they all get the same error.

I've looked at this: https://github.com/shkhln/linuxulator-steam-utils/issues/4
and installed the linux-c7-python3 and linux-c7-python3-libs ports: https://gist.github.com/shkhln/b5f9daf67d0a8a9b7d068d795eff68ad

Any idea what I'm doing wrong or how to fix it?

Thank you
Maybe you can try with creativerse first. If its working for you, then your setup should be fine. Otherwise, the game is not working with this utility.

I tried Creativerse, it also does not launch. Below is a snip of the output:

Code:
Could not connect to X session manager: Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication protocols specified are supported and h0
Could not connect to X session manager: Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication protocols specified are supported and h@��i�i&
Could not connect to X session manager: Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication protocols specified are supported and h��P)
Could not connect to X session manager: Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication protocols specified are supported and h�s~i�i&
Could not connect to X session manager: Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication protocols specified are supported and h
GameAction [AppID 280790, ActionID 1] : LaunchApp changed task to ProcessingInstallScript with ""
ERROR: ld.so: object 'steamfix.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
ERROR: ld.so: object 'steamfix.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
ELF binary type "0" not known.
wineserver: using server-side synchronization.
libudev: udev_monitor_new_from_netlink_fd: error getting socket: Address family not supported by protocol
libudev: udev_monitor_new_from_netlink_fd: error getting socket: Address family not supported by protocol
GameAction [AppID 280790, ActionID 1] : LaunchApp changed task to SynchronizingCloud with ""
GameAction [AppID 280790, ActionID 1] : LaunchApp changed task to SiteLicenseSeatCheckout with ""
GameAction [AppID 280790, ActionID 1] : LaunchApp changed task to CreatingProcess with ""
GameAction [AppID 280790, ActionID 1] : LaunchApp waiting for user response to CreatingProcess ""
GameAction [AppID 280790, ActionID 1] : LaunchApp continues with user response "CreatingProcess"
Opted-in Controller Mask for AppId 280790: 0
Game update: AppID 280790 "", ProcID 30744, IP 0.0.0.0:0
Starting app 280790
>>> Adding process 30744 for game ID 280790
GameAction [AppID 280790, ActionID 1] : LaunchApp changed task to WaitingGameWindow with ""
GameAction [AppID 280790, ActionID 1] : LaunchApp changed task to Completed with ""
ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/home/scratchi/.steam/steam/ubuntu12_32/gameoverlayrenderer.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/home/scratchi/.steam/steam/ubuntu12_32/gameoverlayrenderer.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
pid 30787 != 30783, skipping destruction (fork without exec?)
pid 30786 != 30783, skipping destruction (fork without exec?)
>>> Adding process 30783 for game ID 280790
>>> Adding process 30789 for game ID 280790
ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/home/scratchi/.steam/steam/ubuntu12_64/gameoverlayrenderer.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
>>> Adding process 30800 for game ID 280790
>>> Adding process 30804 for game ID 280790
>>> Adding process 30815 for game ID 280790
>>> Adding process 30825 for game ID 280790
>>> Adding process 30827 for game ID 280790
>>> Adding process 30835 for game ID 280790
>>> Adding process 30837 for game ID 280790
>>> Adding process 30842 for game ID 280790
>>> Adding process 30844 for game ID 280790
wine: Unhandled exception 0x20474343 in thread 9 at address 0x7b45318c (thread 0009), starting debugger...
PTRACE_POKEDATA: addr = 0x7ffdf000, data = (nil)
wineserver: file_set_error() can't map error: Success
>>> Adding process 30852 for game ID 280790
>>> Adding process 30859 for game ID 280790
Game removed: AppID 280790 "", ProcID 30744 
Uploaded AppInterfaceStats to Steam
Exiting app 280790
No cached sticky mapping in ActivateActionSet.pid 30819 != 30815, skipping destruction (fork without exec?)

scratchi, aren't you a happy NVS 5400M owner? Proton relies a lot on dxvk and consequently on Vulkan, which you card doesn't actually support. Try PROTON_USE_WINED3D, but don't expect any usable results — Wine's own D3D11-to-OpenGL translation code is slow and not very mature.

scratchi, aren't you a happy NVS 5400M owner? Proton relies a lot on dxvk and consequently on Vulkan, which you card doesn't actually support. Try PROTON_USE_WINED3D, but don't expect any usable results — Wine's own D3D11-to-OpenGL translation code is slow and not very mature.

Ah, yes, you are right. With PROTON_USE_WINED3D=1, Creativerse launches and the menu renders, but once I go into the game, I just see my hands and the world is all grey...
Soldat2 launches, but once I try to start the game, it crashes out. I'll test a few more games later.

On a good note, Fantasy Strike works natively with fmod fix! I played through the tutorial, no issues.

If any of you are experiencing crashes in 32bit source engine games in certain servers (that have a lot of content)
it _might_ be related to a long standing issue with linux source engine games, which is related to PA.

Here is a partial fix someone devised for it on linux, I have no idea how it translates to freebsd, because pulseaudio sucks and I do not use it. I will post the text file he published below ...

Code:
gmod has like 6-16 pulseaudio pages either mapped from memfds or systemv shared memory, and they take up 64mb a pop.
/etc/pulse/daemon.conf and /etc/pulse/client.conf need to have shm-size-bytes set to something lower than 64 mebibytes, i set it to 8 (meb).
i don't know if it is of any detriment to pulseaudio's performance or sound quality, but they used up nearly a gigabyte of gmod's limited 32-bit memory space.
the game is entirely unplayable on 2017's fine darkrps unless you do this.

It was for gmod, which doesnt work with this utility anyways but applies to other older source engine MP games as well.

With how awful and broken steam's new UI is, i am really surprised to see it working as well as it is with these scripts.
Considering how even on linux and macos it freezes and black screens for me frequently, i'd think it would be worse here. But it seems to be very smooth
weird

Would it be possible to run SteamCMD/srcds with this?
I know a long time ago you could run that on freebsd but it has been broken for many, many years and long since removed. .
Would love to move my various servers running source engine games to freebsd, although whether or not smod runs might be an issue

Some people have claimed to run steamcmd without issues as late as 2018. You can preload /usr/local/steam-utils/lib32/steamfix/steamfix.so and see whether that works for you. Nothing else is remotely relevant for steamcmd.

Oh? I thought steamcmd was a command line version of steam for hosting servers.
I figured it might fit, but oh well. I will keep messing with it

Cities Skylines. Crashes just after launching.
Code:
Starting app 255710
>>> Adding process 25243 for game ID 255710
GameAction [AppID 255710, ActionID 7] : LaunchApp changed task to WaitingGameWindow with ""
ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/home/shuryanc/.steam/steam/ubuntu12_32/gameoverlayrenderer.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/home/shuryanc/.steam/steam/ubuntu12_32/gameoverlayrenderer.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
GameAction [AppID 255710, ActionID 7] : LaunchApp changed task to Completed with ""
Game removed: AppID 255710 "", ProcID 25243
Uploaded AppInterfaceStats to Steam
>>> Adding process 25251 for game ID 255710
>>> Adding process 25260 for game ID 255710
>>> Adding process 25262 for game ID 255710
Exiting app 255710
No cached sticky mapping in ActivateActionSet.

I had a similar result to this initially but after stumbling over this link:

I tried out the 'linux' solution listed on the page by setting launch arguments to :

/home/USERNAME/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Cities_Skylines/Cities.x64 %command%

Cities came up fine, was able to load up my last linux-boot saved games and play :D

I had a similar result to this initially but after stumbling over this link:

I tried out the 'linux' solution listed on the page by setting launch arguments to :

/home/USERNAME/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Cities_Skylines/Cities.x64 %command%

Cities came up fine, was able to load up my last linux-boot saved games and play :D

This is cool, thanks! Just tried this; I get the Colossal Order splash screen for a few seconds and then the game crashes out. Here is the error from Player.log

Code:
Native stacktrace:

/home/scratchi/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Cities_Skylines/Cities_Data/Mono/x86_64/libmono.so(+0x91f55) [0x82da91f55]
        [0x7ffffffff513]

Debug info from gdb:

=================================================================
Got a SIGABRT while executing native code. This usually indicates
a fatal error in the mono runtime or one of the native libraries
used by your application.

I've attached the full Unity Player.log . Any ideas anyone? Yes, I'm using NVS5400M with old 390.182 nvidia blobs. Does Skylines require Vulkan drivers?

Thank you

Attachments

• Player.log.txt
    36.6 KB · Views: 167
Back