Solved Standalone Flash Player?

D

Deleted member 67862

Hear me out, I'm in the same boat as anyone else that Flash is garbage that deserved to die but that's not the point of this thread. There has been thousands of wonderful games that were made in Flash (it was better for games than its actual purpose!) and there's still many that can't be ported to HTML5. Ruffle, a Flash emulator, is still alpha software that doesn't support newer games due to lack of ActionScript 3 support among other issues I had with it (couldn't save progress, random crashes, controls would stop working). As much as I hope Ruffle succeeds it's not to the point it can run everything. Believe it or not, there's still Flash games such as Plazma Burst 2 that still receive updates and are played on the desktop now by their .swf.

This brings me to the question, is there any way to get standalone Flash player on FreeBSD?

I managed to get Flash player working through WINE.

It might not be ready for prime-time just yet, but do keep an eye on the mentioned Ruffle:

It is probably the best solution going forward into the future and I predict that once this hits off, we will be swarmed with all those flash games again (for better or worse, I can't decide ;)

Back