SSP mess

faced HDD crash, installed 6.3 (the distro i head on hands) and upped to 6.4.

while installing necessary for me software faced the problem that makes me insane by now while installing from ports:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lssp

it looks like the system lacks SSP library, right? But i can't get, what made the system need it? and is there a knob to disable using the library in my case?

already rebuilt world && kernel, ports rebuild is in progress, but will that help?

axbat said:
it looks like the system lacks SSP library, right? But i can't get, what made the system need it?

It's part of the installed gcc (/usr/src/contrib/gcclibs/libssp). I would imagine part of the system uses it or it wouldn't have been included in the base system. If it's missing, you may be missing other things as well?

Firstly, are you sure it's actually missing? You should find it in /lib as libssp.so.0. If it's there, do ldconfig -m /lib and try again.

DutchDaemon said:
Firstly, are you sure it's actually missing? You should find it in /lib as libssp.so.0. If it's there, do ldconfig -m /lib and try again.

no chance =) well, after csup srcs it should be here. well, anyway, thanks, will go investigate the loss

Back