Screenshots

Daisuke_Aramaki

Here are a couple of my fluxbox screens.Righ now using dwm

Screen 1

Mix between Cuttooth and Deviant Dark! Wallpaper - part of IndianSummer pack from deviantart. FreeBSD 7.1

Screen 2

S.H.I.T gtk and a modified Final Cut fluxbox theme this time. Wallpaper is again from Indian Summer pack. FreeBSD 7.1

dh

Daisuke_Aramaki, what is the font you're using in terminals?
And could you share your .Xdefaults / .Xresources?

Daisuke_Aramaki

dh said:
Daisuke_Aramaki, what is the font you're using in terminals?
And could you share your .Xdefaults / .Xresources?

The font is Pragmata. Can be shared ofcourse! The .Xdefaults and most of the other configs are from vermaden. But I have the configs uploaded here as well!

Hope that helps. If you need the font, just send me a private message!

• Thanks
Reactions: dh

Markand

vermaden said:
Cutting chars at exact position is not practical, use "delimiting" cutting of data you need:
Code:
% sysctl hw.acpi.thermal.tz0.temperature | cut -d ' ' -f 2
% sysctl hw.acpi.thermal.tz0.temperature | awk '{print $2}'

Why you don't just use % sysctl -n hw.acpi.thermal.tz0.temperature ?

vermaden

Son of Beastie

Markand said:
Why you don't just use % sysctl -n hw.acpi.thermal.tz0.temperature ?

I am now, but when I was writing that post I did not knew about -n switch.

Markand

Daisuke_Aramaki said:
Here are a couple of my fluxbox screens.Righ now using dwm

Screen 1

Mix between Cuttooth and Deviant Dark! Wallpaper - part of IndianSummer pack from deviantart. FreeBSD 7.1

Screen 2

S.H.I.T gtk and a modified Final Cut fluxbox theme this time. Wallpaper is again from Indian Summer pack. FreeBSD 7.1

I like much, what is your font in your menus ? And can you give your fluxbox style ? And what is your filemanager ?

Thanks

gloft

Daisuke_Aramaki liked the program that you watch the picture.
Tried to find it online, but could not.
Where it can be downloaded and she totally called?

rota

gloft said:
Daisuke_Aramaki liked the program that you watch the picture.
Tried to find it online, but could not.
Where it can be downloaded and she totally called?
It's called Mirage. Details

Daisuke_Aramaki

Markand said:
I like much, what is your font in your menus ? And can you give your fluxbox style ? And what is your filemanager ?

Thanks

Sure man! I will upload them and send you the link in a couple of days or so! The font by the way is Heldustry FTV Basic Demi. Its freeware. But if you find it difficult to get it, just let me know, I will send you the fonts.

Daisuke_Aramaki

New Fluxbox theme!

On a related note, I made a fluxbox theme a couple of days back and uploaded the same over at box-look. If anyone is interested, just give it a run. The idea was to make a theme that went well with my Xdefaults colors. Here is the link for the same and a screenshot of the theme in action!

Color Me Bad Fluxbox Theme
http://www.box-look.org/content/show.php/Color+Me+Bad?content=100356

Theme in action

Fluxbox (Mod of deviant, to match my Xdefaults colors). Darkness wallpaper from kon@deviantart.

Openbox Users:
One of my buddies, Rydgel@deviantart ported my theme to openbox. Here is the openbox theme link!

http://www.box-look.org/content/show.php/Color+Me+Bad+(OpenBox)?content=100442

jemate18

Wow... Fluxbox is cool! I'm gonna try and install it on my FreeBSD box... Could it co-exist with my GNOME?

Thanks

DemoDoG

Yes no problem at all, you can start a session of fluxbox from gdm or is you start gnome from .xinitrc you can just put in:

exec startfluxbox

aenzient

Daisuke_Aramaki said:
On a related note, I made a fluxbox theme a couple of days back and uploaded the same over at box-look. If anyone is interested, just give it a run. The idea was to make a theme that went well with my Xdefaults colors. Here is the link for the same and a screenshot of the theme in action!

Color Me Bad Fluxbox Theme
http://www.box-look.org/content/show.php/Color+Me+Bad?content=100356

Theme in action

Fluxbox (Mod of deviant, to match my Xdefaults colors). Darkness wallpaper from kon@deviantart.

Openbox Users:
One of my buddies, Rydgel@deviantart ported my theme to openbox. Here is the openbox theme link!

http://www.box-look.org/content/show.php/Color+Me+Bad+(OpenBox)?content=100442

This is very good looking stuff! Awesome use of colors. Font I'd might change but rest is totally way I like.

kolbycrouch

@daisuke, may i have your .Xdefaults man, i dont think they are on your dotfiles, btw if you update them you should keep a copy of those old neon ones that everyone love so much

rocky

I use openbox with simple menu and panel. My conkyrc can be found at viettug. I use some scripts to get random wallpapers from internet, for e.g. gnome-art.sh. The empty boxes at the bottom of Conky area show my wireless traffic.

PS: sorry... my post should be at OpenBox thread.

Daisuke_Aramaki

Released a new fluxbox theme today. Just click on the image to go to box-look to get my theme.

Semblance in action.

SeaHag

Let's go surfing.

Attachments

• desktop.jpg
    desktop.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 749

SeaHag

Here's another variation of the same thing from another one of my accounts using the clear Gkrellm and our little friend in a transparent terminal.

Attachments

• desktop2.jpg
    desktop2.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 700