Samba domain

Tell me please
How does the network environment in the samba domain?
In the samba domain, clients are not displayed in a networked environment ...
Who uses the samba domain. How did you solve this problem?

Windows Servers and PCs can use Windows Explorer > Network to see the computers in a Samba domain, provided that the Network is Private.

Windows Servers and PCs can use Windows Explorer > Network to see the computers in a Samba domain
This used to be done with a service called "computer browser". But modern Windows versions have switched to using UPnP (Avahi, mDNS, zeroconf) for this instead.

I have a domain
The role of the controller is performed by Samba
Samba can't handle the network environment
The domain is inferior, there is no network environment ...

Please explain, in detail, what problem you have. I have no idea what you mean.

Ok
I have domain controller SAMBA
I have two client computers. Computer Names (SERVER10 and TEST)
Now look
TEST_1.png
TEST_2.png
TEST_3.png
SERVER10_1.png
SERVER10_2.png

SERVER10_3.png
SERVER10_4.png

The first one to enter the domain becomes the "Master Browser"
The second client does not see the network environment
Here is my problem. I clearly explained?

If on clients, turn off the "Master Browser".
The network environment disappears on both clients ....

Here is my problem. I clearly explained?
Yes, much better, thanks. Now I have a better understanding of your problem.

Keep in mind that this browsing service is very finicky, even on a 100% Microsoft Windows network. Microsoft has been moving away from it. Modern Windows versions rely on network discovery through UPnP now. The old network browsing is only there for backwards compatibility.

On all your Windows workstations, turn off the "Computer Browser" service. Disable it everywhere. That will prevent any of your workstations from becoming the "master browser". On your Samba server add these to your smb4.conf:
Code:
   local master = yes
   preferred master = yes
   os level = 65

This should make sure your Samba server will get elected as the master browser. It's still rather finicky though, but that's the nature of that horrible service.

I already tried this option
Samba which is a domain controller, cannot be a "master browser"
What else advise?

For the "master browser" to work, on Samba you need to start the "nmbd" service ... Right?

DC Output
Code:
root@DC1:~ # nmbd
server role "active directory domain controller" not compatible with running nmbd standalone
you should start "samba" instead, ant it will control starting the internal nbt server

For the "master browser" to work, on Samba you need to start the "nmbd" service ... Right?
That's correct.

DC Output
In that case there's nothing you can do actually. The "network neighborhood" is never going to work reliably if you cannot force the master browser to any of your servers. If you get an election and a workstation becomes the master browser things can and will go haywire. It's always been a horrible construct.

I did like this:
I entered another Samba into the domain
Made it a "master browser"
All client computers, now see it as a master browser
But still there is no network environment

Where does the Samba master browser get the list of computers? It seems to me in my case it is empty ... How can I manually write all the computers to the SAMBA master browser?

Back