running a GUI application (here QGIS) inside a jail

hi all,
here is the situation:
- i'm running 14.1-STABLE and unfortunately qgis in not installable using pkg, and the installation via ports/graphics runs for 12h+ and then stops for some issues with python-modules version...
- i really do need qgis... i check and it's in 14.1-RELEASE as a pkg
- i set up a jail (thick) with said 14.1-RELEASE and install qgis fine with pkg (and 256 dependencies, man this software is huge and certainly does things it shouldn't do... another debate)
- of course when i run it it cannot find the display... i tried with xclock (should have done that before, would have hinted at the issue without the aforementioned 256 dependencies!) and same issue (normal).
so...
some people hinted at running a vnc server in the jail and "ssh -X"-ing in.
is there another option?

i'd rather not revert to 14.1-RELEASE (probably for wrong reasons but, yes, another debate possibly).
best,
yrs trly,
h42

ps: if one needs a file or a log to answer, please let me know!
pps: i'm back to freebsd after 15y+ on osx, then ubuntu, then debian... i'm loving it, but i'm a bit rusty.

- i'm running 14.1-STABLE and unfortunately qgis in not installable using pkg, and the installation via ports/graphics runs for 12h+ and then stops for some issues with python-modules version...
- i really do need qgis... i check and it's in 14.1-RELEASE as a pkg
14-STABLE and 14.x-RELEASE have the same repositories. The only difference is that -STABLE defaults to latest and -RELEASE defaults to quarterly repository.

Package is missing in latest due to build errors: https://portsfallout.com/fallout?port=graphics/qgis$

Back